Pics: Actors Who Almost Got the Part
According to the 56-year-old star's rep, "There was a medical incident related to Carrie Fisher's bipolar disorder. She went to the hospital briefly to adjust her medication and is feeling much better now." Fisher is currently in Los Angeles.
The star was recently honored with the Utah Film Center's Kim Peek Award for Disability in Media for her forthright candor in dealing with her bipolar disorder and for raising awareness about the condition, saying that people suffering from bipolar disorder must choose between being a victim and "taking it on and flying in the face of it."
Related: Carrie Fisher Loses 50 Pounds!
The accomplished writer and performer has also been making headlines as of late with rampant speculation that the original Star Wars trilogy cast will appear »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Stranger Things Director To Helm Sci-Fi Film For Amblin Entertainment (From LRM Online. 22 August 2017, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Han Solo Star Wars Spinoff Cuts Michael K. Williams' Role (From PasteMagazine. 22 August 2017, 4:28 PM, PDT)
- Star Wars' Untitled Han Solo Movie Has Already Killed Off a Character...and It's Not Even Out Yet (From E! Online. 22 August 2017, 2:27 PM, PDT)
- New anthology series from J.J. Abrams and Larry Cohen in the works (From Den of Geek. 22 August 2017, 2:45 AM, PDT)
- J.J. Abrams and B-Movie Legend Larry Cohen Are Making an Anthology Series (From Slash Film. 21 August 2017, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- J.J. Abrams & Larry Cohen Developing Thriller Anthology Series (From Screen Rant. 21 August 2017, 2:28 PM, PDT)
Carrie Fisher (I)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi promo art features Kylo Ren, Supreme Leader Snoke and more (From Flickeringmyth. 21 August 2017, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Hear what the Porgs from Star Wars: The Last Jedi sound like (From Flickeringmyth. 20 August 2017, 4:20 AM, PDT)
- Adam Driver teases an “unexpected” Kylo Ren development in Star Wars: The Last Jedi (From Flickeringmyth. 19 August 2017, 6:30 AM, PDT)