Pics: Actors Who Almost Got the Part
According to the 56-year-old star's rep, "There was a medical incident related to Carrie Fisher's bipolar disorder. She went to the hospital briefly to adjust her medication and is feeling much better now." Fisher is currently in Los Angeles.
The star was recently honored with the Utah Film Center's Kim Peek Award for Disability in Media for her forthright candor in dealing with her bipolar disorder and for raising awareness about the condition, saying that people suffering from bipolar disorder must choose between being a victim and "taking it on and flying in the face of it."
Related: Carrie Fisher Loses 50 Pounds!
The accomplished writer and performer has also been making headlines as of late with rampant speculation that the original Star Wars trilogy cast will appear »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Jyn, Cassian and K-2So featured in new Rogue One: A Star Wars Story clip (From Flickeringmyth. 3 December 2016, 1:25 AM, PST)
- Best of the Week: First Look at 'The Mummy,' a Surprise From Wes Anderson and More (From Movies.com. 2 December 2016, 11:00 PM, PST)
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Space Jam' Mini Sequel, 'Star Wars' Dance Party and More (From Movies.com. 2 December 2016, 10:00 PM, PST)
- J.J. Abrams Teases ”Crazy” 90-Minute ‘Westworld’ Season Finale With An Ominous Clip (From Slash Film. 2 December 2016, 7:00 AM, PST)
- ‘Awards Chatter’ Podcast — Natalie Portman (‘Jackie’) (From Scott Feinberg. 1 December 2016, 8:00 PM, PST)
- Is Rey Based on the Star Wars Droids Animated TV Show? (From MovieWeb. 1 December 2016, 3:13 PM, PST)
Carrie Fisher (I)
- What Rogue One Is Doing Instead of a Star Wars Opening Crawl (From MovieWeb. 1 December 2016, 12:55 PM, PST)
- 'Star Wars': Carrie Fisher Writes "It Should Have Been" Mark Hamill She Fell for During Filming (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 1 December 2016, 9:10 AM, PST)
- Watch Rogue One Star Diego Luna’s Priceless Reaction to Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford’s Affair (From PEOPLE.com. 30 November 2016, 5:31 PM, PST)