Pics: Actors Who Almost Got the Part
According to the 56-year-old star's rep, "There was a medical incident related to Carrie Fisher's bipolar disorder. She went to the hospital briefly to adjust her medication and is feeling much better now." Fisher is currently in Los Angeles.
The star was recently honored with the Utah Film Center's Kim Peek Award for Disability in Media for her forthright candor in dealing with her bipolar disorder and for raising awareness about the condition, saying that people suffering from bipolar disorder must choose between being a victim and "taking it on and flying in the face of it."
Related: Carrie Fisher Loses 50 Pounds!
The accomplished writer and performer has also been making headlines as of late with rampant speculation that the original Star Wars trilogy cast will appear »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- James Cameron’s Avatar sequels have new release dates (From The Hollywood News. 24 April 2017, 12:08 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’ (From Variety - Film News. 24 April 2017, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- Lucasfilm To Start Plotting Future Star Wars Movies And Spinoffs Very Soon (From We Got This Covered. 23 April 2017, 8:20 PM, PDT)
- Lucasfilm Is Planning Future Star Wars Spin-Off Movies Soon (From MovieWeb. 23 April 2017, 4:18 PM, PDT)
- Zachary Quinto on ‘Star Trek 4’: ”There’s No Guarantee” It Will Happen (From Slash Film. 23 April 2017, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Phantasm: A Beginner’s Guide (From Flickeringmyth. 23 April 2017, 8:30 AM, PDT)
Carrie Fisher (I)
- Last Jedi Isn't Repeating Empire Strikes Back Says Director (From MovieWeb. 23 April 2017, 12:56 PM, PDT)
- Oscar Isaac talks Star Wars: The Last Jedi and filming with Carrie Fisher (From Flickeringmyth. 22 April 2017, 3:36 PM, PDT)
- Oscar Isaac Remembers Intense Star Wars 8 Scene with Carrie Fisher (From MovieWeb. 22 April 2017, 10:01 AM, PDT)