Pics: Actors Who Almost Got the Part
According to the 56-year-old star's rep, "There was a medical incident related to Carrie Fisher's bipolar disorder. She went to the hospital briefly to adjust her medication and is feeling much better now." Fisher is currently in Los Angeles.
The star was recently honored with the Utah Film Center's Kim Peek Award for Disability in Media for her forthright candor in dealing with her bipolar disorder and for raising awareness about the condition, saying that people suffering from bipolar disorder must choose between being a victim and "taking it on and flying in the face of it."
Related: Carrie Fisher Loses 50 Pounds!
The accomplished writer and performer has also been making headlines as of late with rampant speculation that the original Star Wars trilogy cast will appear »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- New Trailer for Matthew Vaughn’s Kingsman: The Secret Service (From HeyUGuys. 22 September 2014, 6:26 PM, PDT)
- Sr Geek Picks: Yin-Yang ‘Star Wars,’ Danny Elfman Reads ‘Nightmare Before Christmas,’ & More! (From Screen Rant. 22 September 2014, 6:22 PM, PDT)
- Politically Active Actress Bergen Made into Nixon's 'Enemies List' (From Alt Film Guide. 22 September 2014, 4:45 PM, PDT)
- William Shatner To Appear In "Star Trek 3"? (From Dark Horizons. 22 September 2014, 6:55 PM, PDT)
- William Shatner May Be In Star Trek 3, Here.s What He.d Do (From Cinema Blend. 22 September 2014, 6:48 PM, PDT)
- Roberto Orci Wants William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy in Star Trek 3 (From GeekTyrant. 22 September 2014, 5:11 PM, PDT)
Carrie Fisher (I)
- "Star Wars: Episode VII": New Footage Of The 'Millennium Falcon' (From SneakPeek. 22 September 2014, 5:57 AM, PDT)
- More 'Star Wars 7' Set Photos of the Millennium Falcon Appear (From MovieWeb. 21 September 2014, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- The Millennium Falcon and X-Wings featured in new Star Wars: Episode VII set photos (From Flickeringmyth. 21 September 2014, 6:30 AM, PDT)