Straight off the back of Oscar success for Jennifer Lawrence, Thn have caught up with best-selling novelist Matthew Quick, author of The Silver Linings Playbook to have a quick chat about his thoughts on the adaption, the success, what it’s all meant and – of course – what’s next.
Considering The Weinstein Brothers bought the rights to the book before it was published, did the involvement of Hollywood have an effect on the book itself?
“None whatsoever. My editor at Fsg, Sarah Crichton, and I only did a very light edit, which was not informed at all by Hollywood. The most interesting change was the switch from “My Cherie Amour” to Kenny G’s “Songbird.” We had to switch Pat’s trigger song in the book because we were refused the rights to print Stevie Wonder’s lyrics. David O. Russell didn’t even know the change had been made, »
- Dan Bullock
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Top Hollywood salaries flatline, but boom operators enjoy pay rise (From The Guardian - Film News. 30 September 2016, 5:26 AM, PDT)
- 5 Ways to Be a Jennifer Lawrence Character For Halloween (From BuzzSugar. 29 September 2016, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- The Biggest Onstage Celebrity Falls and Mishaps That Will Make You Want to Laugh and Cry (From Popsugar. 28 September 2016, 12:22 PM, PDT)
- Emily Blunt Weighs in on John Krasinski's Obsession With The Devil Wears Prada: "Get a Grip!'' (From E! Online. 27 September 2016, 11:42 AM, PDT)
- 26 Stars Who Became Mothers This Year (From Popsugar. 24 September 2016, 7:35 AM, PDT)
- Colossal: Anne Hathaway Sheds New Light On Her Troubled Character As Monster Movie Eyes 2017 Release (From We Got This Covered. 23 September 2016, 9:38 AM, PDT)
Bradley Cooper (I)
- The Weekend Warrior 9/30/2016: Deepwater Horizon, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, Masterminds (From LatinoReview. 28 September 2016, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Gigi Hadid Writes About Milan Attack for Lena Dunham's Lenny Letter: "I Do Have That Fighter in Me" (From E! Online. 27 September 2016, 7:05 AM, PDT)
- Josh Brolin Marries Kathryn Boyd in Private Wedding Ceremony (From E! Online. 24 September 2016, 9:20 PM, PDT)