As it has become a new tradition for the Oscars to lack truly memorable moments either good or bad, so has it become a tradition for me to analyze the night before it fleets from everyone’s water-cooler discussion topics.
Don’t forget to read Shane T. Nier’s own recap of Oscar night, which is in the form of a Top 7 list.
Now, without telling you that the show starts at 7 p.m. but only meaning the red carpet, here are the winning and losing moments of this year’s Oscars, for better and for worse, and most importantly, for no point at all.
Seth MacFarlane proves to be a ball-busting host, fitting to his humor from Ted and Family Guy, and also to an awards show that ultimately gave top kudos to a film with the unofficial tagline “Argo f**k yourself.” It doesn’t seem like his »
- Nick Allen
Similar News ItemsAnne Hathaway
- Fear & Loathing At Cannes, Part 3: Everything Is Wonderful And I'm Tripping Balls (From Twitch. 22 May 2013, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- AFI Docs Announces 2013 Slate including JFK Doc 'Letters to Jackie,' 'Caucus,' and 'Gideon's Army' (From Indiewire. 22 May 2013, 11:28 AM, PDT)
- Q&A: Disappointing Actresses, Mixed-Up Hunks, Subtitled Crickets (From FilmExperience. 22 May 2013, 9:49 AM, PDT)
- Teen Choice Awards Nominees Announced! (From Huffington Post. 22 May 2013, 11:38 AM, PDT)
- Teen Choice Awards 2013 nominees: 'Breaking Dawn - Part 2' and 'The Vampire Diaries' score (From Pop2it. 22 May 2013, 11:08 AM, PDT)
- FX’s ‘The Strain’ Adds More Cast Members (From Screen Rant. 22 May 2013, 10:24 AM, PDT)
Quentin Tarantino (I)
- Cannes 2013: Bloody, Nasty Revenge in Refn's 'Only God Forgives' (From FirstShowing.net. 22 May 2013, 6:36 AM, PDT)
- Cannes Film Review: ‘Only God Forgives’ (From Variety - Film News. 22 May 2013, 5:07 AM, PDT)
- Competition: Win 'Django Unchained' (From CineVue. 22 May 2013, 1:01 AM, PDT)