Flatliners, Joel Schumacher’s 1990 tale of death-cheating medical students, is getting a new lease on life thanks to Columbia Pictures. Niels Arden Oplev, who helmed the original (and better) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, will direct the modernized Flatliners. Source Code writer Ben Ripley will pen the script.
Flatliners starred Kiefer Sutherland, Kevin Bacon, Julia Roberts, William Baldwin, and Oliver Platt, who played the dumpy annoying friend, as medical students who induce death – or flatlining – in order to see what’s beyond the veil. Instead of seeing family and friends, the students are visited by their earthly sins, and when they are resuscitated, they bring a little bit of the netherworld back with them. And the netherworld is angry.
It doesn’t feel like the script needs a lot of changes – the story can make a seamless move into a modern version. The cast will most likely be some big name actors, »
- Sara Castillo
Similar News ItemsJulia Roberts (I)
- Jennifer Lawrence Wanted Someone to "Drop a Boob" During the Oscars Selfie (From BuzzSugar. 6 March 2014, 6:02 AM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence Wanted Someone to "Drop a Boob" During the Oscars Selfie (From Popsugar. 6 March 2014, 6:02 AM, PST)
- News Nuggets: Will 'Divergent' be the biggest box office hit of the year? (From Gold Derby. 5 March 2014, 6:18 PM, PST)
Columbia Pictures [us]
- Wes Anderson: 12 Fun Facts About His Movies (From Variety - Film News. 6 March 2014, 3:47 PM, PST)
- MTV Movie Awards: Katniss vs. ...uh...Solomon Northup? (From FilmExperience. 6 March 2014, 9:02 AM, PST)
- 2014 MTV Movie Awards Nominations Announced (From MovieWeb. 6 March 2014, 7:37 AM, PST)
Kevin Bacon (I)
- Don't Shoot The Messenger! He Has Photos and a Clip from The Following Episode 2.08! (From Dread Central. 6 March 2014, 9:15 AM, PST)
- 12 Things You Didn’t Know About Kevin Bacon (From TVovermind.com. 6 March 2014, 3:49 AM, PST)
- SXSW: The Must-See Events You Can’t Miss This Week in Austin (From Variety - Film News. 5 March 2014, 11:00 AM, PST)