Hollywood's love affair with comic books took decades to blossom, but there are few hotter properties than superheroes in modern day cinema. In the last year alone, we've seen The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises topple box office records the world over.
The runaway success of such films has paved the way for dozens of future projects, but not every filmmaker has enjoyed the same fortunes as Christopher Nolan and Joss Whedon when they delved into the world of powers and spandex.
Tim Burton's Superman Lives, James Cameron's Spider-Man and George Miller's Justice League are but a few examples of comic book projects that died an early death. Wondering what might have been, Digital Spy takes a look at 10 aborted superhero movies.
Tim Burton's Superman Lives
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Official Logo for Christopher Nolan's New Sci-Fi 'Interstellar' Revealed (From FirstShowing.net. 11 December 2013, 8:57 PM, PST)
- Johnny Depp's Transcendence Has an Official Synopsis (From GeekTyrant. 11 December 2013, 8:00 AM, PST)
- The Logo for Christopher Nolan's Interstellar Revealed! (From Comingsoon.net. 11 December 2013)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- First posters for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (From Flickeringmyth. 11 December 2013, 3:18 PM, PST)
- Jason Clarke in final talks to play John Connor in Terminator: Genesis (From Flickeringmyth. 11 December 2013, 12:44 PM, PST)
- Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes - 4 Posters and New Release Date (From GeekTyrant. 11 December 2013, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Angelina Jolie's private jet banned from flying (From RealBollywood. 11 December 2013, 5:33 PM, PST)
- The Best Feel-Good Stories of 2013 (From Popsugar. 11 December 2013, 4:10 PM, PST)
- Angelina Jolie Banned From Flying Personal Plane: Get the Scoop (From E! Online. 11 December 2013, 2:16 PM, PST)