Dearly departed Audrey Hepburn is the latest celebrity to be resurrected by the ad industry so she can star in a new commercial.
In the spot for Galaxy (a British chocolate brand), Hepburn is sightseeing in Italy when her tour bus gets delayed. Luckily she stops across from a handsome stranger as her version of Moon River begins to play. What happens from there is classic Hepburn, but how did the ad come to be?
Hepburn's sons, who control her estate, authorized the use of her image for a fee. Sean Ferrer and Luca Dotti say their mother would be "proud" of her new role, adding in a press release that she "often spoke about her love of chocolate and how it lifted her spirit."
Hepburn is not the first (nor will she be the last) dead celebrity who Madison Avenue has brought back to life thanks to advanced technology used in order to hawk a product »
Similar News ItemsJohn Lennon (I)
- Beat Bugs Trailer: Netflix’s New Animated Kids Series Features a Ton of Beatles Covers Your Kids Won’t Know Are Covers (From Vulture. 10 February 2016, 12:10 PM, PST)
- Eddie Vedder, Sia, Pink Cover Beatles for Netflix Animated Series (From Rolling Stone. 10 February 2016, 9:43 AM, PST)
- Beatles for babies: the cartoon bringing the Fab Four to the next generation (From The Guardian - TV News. 10 February 2016, 6:21 AM, PST)
John Wayne (I)
- Top 5 Films About The Film Industry (From TheMovieBit. 10 February 2016, 1:51 PM, PST)
- James Dean: 11 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About the 'Rebel' Icon (From Moviefone. 6 February 2016, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Tom Hanks and Johnny Depp Are America's Favorite Movie Stars (From MovieWeb. 29 January 2016, 5:27 PM, PST)
- Viacom Reboots MTV News in First Step Toward Reviving Network (From Variety - TV News. 11 February 2016, 1:00 PM, PST)
- Mary Lou Lord, Kurt Cobin’s Ex, Calls Courtney Love “The Best Liar” In Facebook Post (From Uinterview. 4 February 2016, 1:48 PM, PST)
- Watch: Stanley Kubrick Reveals the Stanley Kubrick We Never Knew (From Indiewire. 3 February 2016, 1:34 PM, PST)