If you were home on Sunday, chances are you were one of the 40.3 million people who watched the Oscars. Did you catch Ted? Tippett Studio brought the title character from Universal Pictures’ blockbuster live action/CG-animated comedy, back to life for the 85th Annual Academy Awards® telecast. Accompanied by friend and co-star Mark Wahlberg , a computer-generated Ted riffed a few jokes on Sunday night before the duo presented Oscars for Sound Mixing and Sound Editing.
Incorporating 3D character animation into a pre-recorded movie or television show is one challenge, but integrating an animated character into a live-broadcast in front of a global audience is quite another.
Behind the shenanigans of the world’s favorite crass teddy bear were the same visual effects and character animation artists responsible for his creation in 2012′s global comedy hit Ted. Blair Clark of Tippett Studio perfected the illusion alongside Seth MacFarlane (Oscar® host, voice »
- Michelle McCue
Similar News ItemsUniversal Pictures [us]
- Film Review: ‘As Above/So Below’ Scrapes The Bottom Of The Barrel (From HollywoodChicago.com. 29 August 2014, 3:18 PM, PDT)
- Obvious Child Review (From The Hollywood News. 29 August 2014, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- Seventh Son New Trailer and Poster Are Here (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 28 August 2014, 8:34 PM, PDT)
Mark Wahlberg (I)
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies (From EW.com - PopWatch. 30 August 2014, 7:05 AM, PDT)
- Mark Wahlberg --Skipping Donnie Wahlberg & Jenny McCarthy's Wedding (From TMZ. 30 August 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Transformers 4' Blu-ray Preview: Creation of the Dinobots (From MovieWeb. 29 August 2014, 3:45 PM, PDT)
- First Look: Family Guy and The Simpsons Crossover Episode (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 28 August 2014, 6:57 AM, PDT)
- Seth MacFarlane Actually Recorded a Holiday Album During the Holidays (From The Hollywood Reporter. 26 August 2014, 2:25 PM, PDT)
- Emmys poll: Who should host in 2015? (From EW.com - PopWatch. 26 August 2014, 10:49 AM, PDT)