Now that awards season is officially over, domestic box office gross totals and increases have been released for each of the films nominated for “Best Picture” during the 85th Annual Academy Awards.
The titles with the largest box office growth since nominations were announced on January 10, include “Amour” with a 1,250 percent increase and “Zero Dark Thirty” which earned a 1,570 percent increase, according to the movie industry’s box office measurement services, Rentrak’s Box Office Essentials and International Box Office Essentials.
“Leading up to the Oscars, movie-goers often flock to the theater to catch films they may have missed during the original theatrical release in order to see the acclaimed films that have garnered attention from critics and consumers alike,” said Ron Giambra, President of Theatrical Worldwide at Rentrak.
The chart below includes gross domestic totals from Sunday, January 6 (before nominations were announced on Thursday, January 10) until Sunday, February 24, 2013 for »
- Michelle McCue
Similar News ItemsDjango Unchained (2012)
- Eliza Bennett Exclusive: Sweet/Vicious is Something New... (From TVfanatic. 15 November 2016, 7:30 AM, PST)
- Samuel L. Jackson Joins Director Brie Larson's Unicorn Store (From MovieWeb. 14 November 2016, 11:41 AM, PST)
- Great Job, Internet!: CineFix’s “Top 10 Funniest Movie Moments” is something new you can argue about (From The AV Club. 9 November 2016, 5:00 AM, PST)
Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
- Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures Launches New Video Game Division (From Indiewire. 1 December 2016, 3:57 PM, PST)
- Annapurna Pictures Announces New Video Game Division (From MovieWeb. 1 December 2016, 8:31 AM, PST)
- Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures Launches Video Game Division (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 1 December 2016, 8:00 AM, PST)
Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
- King Kong gets a super-sized Kong: Skull Island Pop! Vinyl figure from Funko (From Flickeringmyth. 3 December 2016, 7:25 AM, PST)
- How the director of Boiler Room made a comeback with Bleed For This (From Den of Geek. 28 November 2016, 8:41 AM, PST)
- Newswire: Richard Pryor biopic won’t skimp on the grim stuff, producer promises (From The AV Club. 23 November 2016, 11:30 AM, PST)