Feature Simon Brew 26 Feb 2013 - 06:23
The Golden Raspberry Awards used to be an antidote to the Hollywood awards season. Now? They're part of the problem...
It's traditional that on the eve of the Oscars, the annual Golden Raspberry Awards take place. These have been going for a long time now, and the theory behind them is sound. If you're going to have awards ceremony after awards ceremony praising movies to the hilt, shouldn't you have one that highlights the dross that Hollywood has to offer too? In the words of The Golden Raspberry Award Foundation's website, the awards are designed to "prick the movie industry's pomp".
In principal, who's not on board with that? There's hardly a shortage of pomp to prick, and those movies you sit through where you get the sense that nobody cares should be named and shamed.
To get an idea of what's generally bad amongst 2012's releases, »
Similar News ItemsSandra Bullock
- 2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (From Indiewire. 3 August 2015, 2:48 PM, PDT)
- It’s Time to Start Liking Tom Cruise Again (From Vulture. 2 August 2015, 5:37 PM, PDT)
- The Madness of Minions – Geek Girl Navigating the World (From Boomtron. 31 July 2015, 5:57 AM, PDT)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- Kristen Stewart's impressive 'vampire orgasm' (From National Ledger. 30 July 2015, 2:04 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: 5-Minute Preview Of Carter Burwell's 'Mr. Holmes' Score (From The Playlist. 21 July 2015, 1:11 PM, PDT)
- 'Mr. Holmes' (2015) Movie Review (From Rope Of Silicon. 17 July 2015, 9:34 AM, PDT)
- How Lucy Ricardo Gave Birth to ‘Mission: Impossible’ (From Variety - Film News. 31 July 2015, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- Michael Mann, George Miller, Sylvester Stallone to Appear on El Rey’s ‘The Director’s Chair’ (From The Wrap. 30 July 2015, 2:37 PM, PDT)
- 10 Film And TV Characters That Racked Up Massive Body Counts (From Obsessed with Film. 29 July 2015, 5:32 AM, PDT)