Feature Simon Brew 26 Feb 2013 - 06:23
The Golden Raspberry Awards used to be an antidote to the Hollywood awards season. Now? They're part of the problem...
It's traditional that on the eve of the Oscars, the annual Golden Raspberry Awards take place. These have been going for a long time now, and the theory behind them is sound. If you're going to have awards ceremony after awards ceremony praising movies to the hilt, shouldn't you have one that highlights the dross that Hollywood has to offer too? In the words of The Golden Raspberry Award Foundation's website, the awards are designed to "prick the movie industry's pomp".
In principal, who's not on board with that? There's hardly a shortage of pomp to prick, and those movies you sit through where you get the sense that nobody cares should be named and shamed.
To get an idea of what's generally bad amongst 2012's releases, »
Similar News ItemsThe Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus & Demi Lovato: ‘Choice Hottie’ Showdown (From HollywoodLife. 23 May 2013, 12:17 PM, PDT)
- 'Twilight' dominates Teen Choice Awards nominations (From EW.com - PopWatch. 23 May 2013, 6:52 AM, PDT)
- Another Creepy New One-Sheet for The Conjuring Appears (From Horror Asylum. 23 May 2013)
- Sandra Bullock Jokes About Gravity Sex Scenes With George Clooney (From Access Hollywood. 24 May 2013, 2:04 PM, PDT)
- Jesse James chops off pinky and shares disgusting photos (From Pop2it. 23 May 2013, 1:42 PM, PDT)
- Afternoon Delight: Emma Roberts joins "American Horror Story: Coven," "Forbes" power lists full of lesbian/bi celebs (From AfterEllen.com. 23 May 2013, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Women in Hollywood, from Tough Rodriguez, Studio Chief Pascal, to 'Expendabelles' (Video) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 24 May 2013, 1:29 PM, PDT)
- ‘Bullet to the Head’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 24 May 2013, 12:55 PM, PDT)
- Real Housewife of Bev Hills -- My Daughter Can Stomach the Show (From TMZ. 23 May 2013, 9:15 AM, PDT)