With fashion week taking place we thought we would bring a bit of a desi vibe to it by talking to the founder of Shehnaai Couture, Shirin.
Shehnaai Couture is the go to place for India’s couture collections in New York City. Selling only a hand-selected mix of established and upcoming designers, including labels such as Sabyasachi, Shehnaai Couture was set up by entrepreneurial couple Shirin and Sanjeev Vinayak.
We decided to catch up the founder, Shirin to talk about working in the fashion industry, setting up Shehnaai Couture and bridal fashion.
Did you always have an interest in fashion and how did you get into the industry?
I was born and brought up in an extremely fashion savvy and aesthetically sound family in Mumbai. Fashion was always a part of us. What we wore, who we wore and how we wore it was important and so we never »
- Meera Sharma
Similar News ItemsSonam Kapoor
- Sonam Kapoor: I could have waited for 4 years to become an actress (From GlamSham. 25 February 2015, 10:01 PM, PST)
- Sonam Kapoor shoots despite injury for Prdp’s special song ! (From Bollyspice. 22 February 2015, 3:11 AM, PST)
- Sonam Kapoor injures her ankle shooting for Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (From BollywoodHungama. 20 February 2015, 3:57 AM, PST)
Sanjeev Kumar (I)
- Bollywood’s Biggest Superstars Come Together For Ganesh Acharya in Birju Song Video (From Bollyspice. 5 February 2015, 9:00 PM, PST)
- Bollywood turns out for Mumbai fest opening (From ScreenDaily. 14 October 2014, 11:03 PM, PDT)
- Tommy Hilfiger celebrated its 10th anniversary in India (From Bollyspice. 29 September 2014, 10:23 PM, PDT)
- Who’s Hot Who’s Not – Stardust Awards 2014 (From Bollyspice. 25 December 2014, 2:19 AM, PST)
- Hazare, Zakir Hussain get Deenanath Mangeshkar Awards (From RealBollywood. 13 April 2014, 10:49 AM, PDT)
- Big B thanks Lata for special touch to Jaya's songs (From RealBollywood. 28 October 2013, 5:01 AM, PDT)