Sunday was a big night for "Argo," and its director, Ben Affleck. The movie, which tells the story of a mission to rescue six U.S. diplomats during the Iranian hostage crisis of the late 1970s and early 1980s, took home the award for Best Picture. The film also won for Best Adapted Screenplay, as well as Best Editing.
"Argo" is making no friends in Iran, though. The movie has been viewed, officially, as "anti-Iranian." In fact, Iranian news agency Mna reports a director is planning a film in response to the Oscar winner. "The General Staff" will be about 20 American hostages that the revolutionaries delivered to U.S. officials.
However, USA Today notes that it's not clear which hostages the movie will be about. Barbara Slavin, an expert on Iran, recalls 13 African Americans and women being released, with the hostage-takers claiming they had sympathy for oppressed minorities, and one »
Similar News ItemsBen Affleck
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 Set For March 25, 2016 (From We Got This Covered. 22 May 2015, 7:25 AM, PDT)
- ‘My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2′ Gets Spring 2016 Release Date (From Deadline. 21 May 2015, 6:13 PM, PDT)
- ‘My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2′ Set for March 25 Against ‘Batman v Superman’ (From Variety - Film News. 21 May 2015, 6:11 PM, PDT)
- The Dark Knight and Man of Steel square off in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice promo art (From Flickeringmyth. 18 May 2015, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- ‘Our Man in Tehran’ is a thrilling history lesson (From SoundOnSight. 14 May 2015, 4:02 PM, PDT)
- Argo 2 Is Not, In Any Way, The Sequel You Think That It Is (From Cinema Blend. 14 May 2015, 9:13 AM, PDT)