Lincoln star says he needs to 'lie down for a couple of years' as he dismisses attempts to label him greatest ever actor as 'daft'
Long after the Californian sun rose, the Oscar winners and losers were waking up after a night of loud applause and louder frocks, hilarious acceptance speeches and dire jokes.
As universally predicted, Daniel Day-Lewis took the Oscar for best actor for his towering performance in Lincoln, and also enters the record books as the first male actor to be a third-time victor, after winning for My Left Foot in 1990 and There Will Be Blood in 2008.
Day-Lewis is sometimes seen as a remote and slightly chilly figure, renowned for his obsessive preparation and for remaining in character throughout the filming – hard on his wife, the actor and director Rebecca Miller, given that the 16th president of the United States had a notoriously difficult relationship with his wife, »
- Maev Kennedy, Catherine Shoard
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Jennifer Lawrence and Her Gal-Pals Create Their Own Vanderpump Rules Intro—Watch the Funny Clip! (From E! Online. 25 November 2014, 4:13 PM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence Lived Out Her Real Housewives Fantasy (From Vulture. 25 November 2014, 1:46 PM, PST)
- Watch: Oscar Actress Roundtable Featuring Witherspoon, Moore, Adams, Arquette, Jones, Swank, and Dern (From Rope Of Silicon. 25 November 2014, 11:29 AM, PST)
- Ves honour for Ridley Scott (From ScreenDaily. 25 November 2014, 3:06 PM, PST)
- Jurassic World Trailer is Out Of This World!! (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 25 November 2014, 12:46 PM, PST)
- Retrospective: The Films Of Francis Ford Coppola (From The Playlist. 25 November 2014, 11:56 AM, PST)
- Review: Interstellar (From Pure Movies. 25 November 2014, 9:14 AM, PST)
- "Interstellar": 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly' (From SneakPeek. 24 November 2014, 1:44 PM, PST)
- Things I Learned on the Awards Circuit, from Costner, Aniston & Chastain to Streep in 'Into the Woods' (Q & A Video) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 24 November 2014, 4:11 AM, PST)