Lincoln star says he needs to 'lie down for a couple of years' as he dismisses attempts to label him greatest ever actor as 'daft'
Long after the Californian sun rose, the Oscar winners and losers were waking up after a night of loud applause and louder frocks, hilarious acceptance speeches and dire jokes.
As universally predicted, Daniel Day-Lewis took the Oscar for best actor for his towering performance in Lincoln, and also enters the record books as the first male actor to be a third-time victor, after winning for My Left Foot in 1990 and There Will Be Blood in 2008.
Day-Lewis is sometimes seen as a remote and slightly chilly figure, renowned for his obsessive preparation and for remaining in character throughout the filming – hard on his wife, the actor and director Rebecca Miller, given that the 16th president of the United States had a notoriously difficult relationship with his wife, »
- Maev Kennedy, Catherine Shoard
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Blake Lively on Besting Jennifer Lawrence for 'Gossip Girl' Role (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 19 October 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Laura Dern Reveals She Was Sexually Harassed at Age 14 (From PEOPLE.com. 19 October 2017, 8:17 AM, PDT)
- Alyssa Milano Says She's Been Sexually Harassed 'More Times Than I Can Count': 'It Stops Here' (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 October 2017, 7:43 AM, PDT)
- The New Golden Age of Studio Science-Fiction is Upon Us (From Indiewire. 19 October 2017, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Jurassic Park with Live Music by The St. Louis Symphony Orchestra November 3rd – 5th (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 18 October 2017, 6:26 AM, PDT)
- Spawn Reboot Won’t Waste Time With An Origin Story, Todd McFarlane Clarifies (From We Got This Covered. 17 October 2017, 6:31 AM, PDT)
- New Justice League featurette puts the spotlight on Ezra Miller’s Flash (From Flickeringmyth. 19 October 2017, 10:23 AM, PDT)
- Jennifer Garner Is Living Her Best Life Right Now, and We Love It So Much (From Popsugar. 19 October 2017, 7:55 AM, PDT)
- ‘Justice League’ gets a new poster (From Blogomatic3000. 19 October 2017, 3:21 AM, PDT)