Though viewers at home saw Mark Wahlberg standing on the 85th Academy Awards stage next to the animated Seth MacFarlane creation Ted, it turns out the actor actually was up there alone. It was Tippett Studio who brought the animated character back to life for the Oscars, which was quite a challenge considering the broadcast was live.
The same team behind creating the crass bear for "Ted" were responsible for animating him on Oscars night. To do so, Tippet Studio's Blair Clark had a duplicate of the Academy Awards stage created at CBS Studios, and then filmed 10 different versions of the skit. As winners weren't announced until Oscars night, it was up to Clark to make sure that the right pre-animated segments aired during the show.
"It's always enjoyable working with Ted, and having him present at the Oscars was an exciting challenge," Clark says in a statement. "As well, »
Similar News ItemsMark Wahlberg (I)
- ‘Southpaw’ features another knockout Jake Gyllenhaal performance (From SoundOnSight. 23 July 2015, 11:12 AM, PDT)
- Stx launches sales division (From ScreenDaily. 22 July 2015, 1:01 PM, PDT)
- Magnus & Quintessons In "Transformers 5"? (From Dark Horizons. 22 July 2015, 9:29 AM, PDT)
- Ant-Man's war on yellow continues as he takes down the Minions at UK box office (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 21 July 2015, 10:06 AM, PDT)
- Sdcc 2015: Highlights and Lowlights of the Con (From SoundOnSight. 20 July 2015, 2:11 PM, PDT)
- 'Ant-Man' leads UK social media buzz (From ScreenDaily. 17 July 2015, 2:36 AM, PDT)
- 6 Weird Conversations Seth MacFarlane Must Have Had Making Ted 2 (From Obsessed with Film. 23 July 2015, 5:54 AM, PDT)
- Vacation Red Band trailer: The Griswolds go to Walley World (From The Hollywood News. 23 July 2015, 2:29 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Uncover The Secrets Of 'The Boy' In Trailer For Horror Starring Rainn Wilson (From The Playlist. 14 July 2015, 12:01 PM, PDT)