Phew. That's better, now I've got a cup of tea in my hand. Famous? It's only a documentary, for Christ's sake. But yes … it was amazing.
It is such a surreal experience. We documentary makers don't get to mix with real Hollywood, but it had got very good distribution in the States so a lot of people knew about it. I met a lot of properly famous people. I had Joan Collins fondling my Oscar. I wished Daniel Day-Lewis luck before he went on – a great win that, he is a class act.
I'd been there before, when I won for Man on Wire, so I knew the drill a little bit – but I'm not sure if that really helps much. For the first time this year, thanks to the changes introduced by Michael Moore, »
- Simon Chinn
Similar News ItemsDaniel Day-Lewis
- Focus Sneaks ‘Atomic Blonde’ Footage, Bets on Female Directors (From Variety - Film News. 19 May 2017, 9:57 AM, PDT)
- Viggo Mortensen To Set Off ‘Unabomb’ (From The Playlist. 16 May 2017, 12:58 PM, PDT)
- ‘Moonlight’ Director Barry Jenkins Making Film at Annapurna (From Variety - Film News. 16 May 2017, 9:18 AM, PDT)
Michael Moore (II)
- ‘Wonder’ Gets Emotional First Trailer With Jacob Tremblay, Julia Roberts (From Variety - Film News. 24 May 2017, 12:08 PM, PDT)
- ‘Baywatch’ Review: The Rock and Zac Efron Deliver A Splashy Summer Hit Full of Dick Jokes (From Indiewire. 23 May 2017, 12:01 AM, PDT)
- Trump Controversies Making Waves in Cannes (From Variety - Film News. 20 May 2017, 8:32 AM, PDT)
Man on Wire (2008)
- Film Festival Roundup: AFI Docs Reveals Full Slate, Laff Announces Its Opener, and More (From Indiewire. 19 May 2017, 10:54 AM, PDT)
- Films added to Sundance London line-up by Amber Wilkinson - 2017-05-19 14:45:08 (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 19 May 2017, 6:45 AM, PDT)
- A Bafta for Nick Fraser, grandmaster of the documentary (From The Guardian - Film News. 14 May 2017, 12:00 AM, PDT)