Phew. That's better, now I've got a cup of tea in my hand. Famous? It's only a documentary, for Christ's sake. But yes … it was amazing.
It is such a surreal experience. We documentary makers don't get to mix with real Hollywood, but it had got very good distribution in the States so a lot of people knew about it. I met a lot of properly famous people. I had Joan Collins fondling my Oscar. I wished Daniel Day-Lewis luck before he went on – a great win that, he is a class act.
I'd been there before, when I won for Man on Wire, so I knew the drill a little bit – but I'm not sure if that really helps much. For the first time this year, thanks to the changes introduced by Michael Moore, »
- Simon Chinn
Similar News ItemsDaniel Day-Lewis
- Interview: Gianni Capaldi talks Puncture Wounds, a.k.a. A Certain Justice (From Flickeringmyth. 9 July 2014, 2:31 AM, PDT)
- Looking back on six great years at In Contention (From Hitfix. 3 July 2014, 1:04 PM, PDT)
- Thoughts I Had... While Looking at the Foxcatcher Tease Poster (From FilmExperience. 30 June 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
Michael Moore (II)
- Win The National Documentary ‘Mistaken For Strangers’ On DVD! (From The Hollywood News. 9 July 2014, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- “Life Itself”: What’s Up with the 2015 Awards Race (From Hollywoodnews.com. 3 July 2014, 2:55 PM, PDT)
- Jay Leno Producer Reveals A-List Guests' Most Outrageous Demands (From The Hollywood Reporter. 26 June 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
Searching for Sugar Man (2012)
- Help crowdfund documentary film festival Ambulante (From SoundOnSight. 10 July 2014, 2:18 PM, PDT)
- Russia’s Arena Acquires Sundance Audience Winner ‘Green Prince’ (From Variety - Film News. 7 July 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- what’s on Netflix UK, Amazon UK Instant Video, blinkbox, BBC iPlayer, Curzon on Demand (from Jun 30) (From FlickFilosopher. 30 June 2014, 12:36 PM, PDT)