Phew. That's better, now I've got a cup of tea in my hand. Famous? It's only a documentary, for Christ's sake. But yes … it was amazing.
It is such a surreal experience. We documentary makers don't get to mix with real Hollywood, but it had got very good distribution in the States so a lot of people knew about it. I met a lot of properly famous people. I had Joan Collins fondling my Oscar. I wished Daniel Day-Lewis luck before he went on – a great win that, he is a class act.
I'd been there before, when I won for Man on Wire, so I knew the drill a little bit – but I'm not sure if that really helps much. For the first time this year, thanks to the changes introduced by Michael Moore, »
- Simon Chinn
Similar News ItemsDaniel Day-Lewis
- Film Review: ‘Between Sea and Land’ (From Variety - Film News. 13 February 2016, 10:22 PM, PST)
- Valentine's - A Room With a View (From FilmExperience. 13 February 2016, 8:00 AM, PST)
- 'The Silence of the Lambs': 25 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About the Serial Killer Classic (From Moviefone. 12 February 2016, 5:00 AM, PST)
Michael Moore (II)
- Where To Invade Next – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 12 February 2016, 6:04 AM, PST)
- Michael Moore Mystery: Who's Paying to Release His New Film? (From The Hollywood Reporter. 12 February 2016, 5:00 AM, PST)
- Berlin 2016: Where to Invade Next review (From CineVue. 12 February 2016, 1:15 AM, PST)
Man on Wire (2008)
- Trivia Break: Best Original Song (From FilmExperience. 10 February 2016, 4:00 AM, PST)
- The 25 Biggest Directors To Break Out Of Sundance (From The Playlist. 26 January 2016, 9:43 AM, PST)
- For Your Consideration: Sundance is Still the First Place Next Year's Oscars Happen (From Indiewire. 21 January 2016, 9:44 AM, PST)