Austin-based actress Heather Kafka shows up in features Pit Stop, The Bounceback, Loves Her Gun, When Angels Sing, and short Black Metal which are all screening at SXSW next month. Let's just say that if you see a film with local ties during the festival, there's about a 75% chance that Kafka will be in it. You might have seen her previously in locally made movies like Lovers of Hate, Saturday Morning Massacre, Slacker 2011 (pictured above) ... and she's the woman trying to buy from the Carl's Jr. kiosk in Idiocracy.
Kafka took some time to talk to us (via email) about working in the friendly Austin film community and taking on roles that her grandma shouldn't see.
Slackerwood: You appear in a number of the films showing at SXSW this year. How did you become involved with these film projects?
Heather Kafka: Sometimes I'm lucky. When I came back »
- Elizabeth Stoddard
Similar News ItemsEric Steele (III)
- Violet Crown Cinema Debuts Texas Spotlight Film Series (From Slackerwood. 10 April 2014, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- SXSW: Fandor Acquires 'Easy' for Daniel Laabs Shorts Showcase (From Indiewire. 7 March 2014, 11:53 AM, PST)
- Forget the Soap…12 Years A Slave Pulls Five Finger Discount at the 2014 Indie Spirit Awards (From ioncinema. 1 March 2014, 4:20 PM, PST)
- Trailer Watch: Frank Mosley’s Parthenon (From Filmmaker Magazine. 16 March 2017, 11:58 AM, PDT)
- Watch for 48 Hours: Spider Veins and Hearts of Palm from the East Oregon Film Festival (From Filmmaker Magazine. 21 October 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Film Guide: What Movie Should I Watch This Weekend? (August 5, 2016) (From Indiewire. 4 August 2016, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Rushes. Cannes Official Selection, Documentary Activism, Mike Judge, the Stats of the Furious (From MUBI. 19 April 2017, 11:20 AM, PDT)
- Mike Judge’s Idiocracy Midnights This Weekend at The Tivoli! (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 9 April 2017, 8:23 PM, PDT)
- CHiPs movie review: they promised chip would happen, and it did (From FlickFilosopher. 27 March 2017, 2:22 PM, PDT)