Iran's Fars news agency Photoshops First Lady's dress to cover up her neckline in coverage of Academy Awards ceremony
Iran's semi-official Fars news agency Photoshopped pictures of Michelle Obama at the Oscars to conform to Iranian restrictions on images of the female body in the media.
Fars, which is affiliated to the Islamic republic's elite Revolutionary Guards, redesigned the Us first lady's dress so that it covered her chest and shoulders in a picture showing her announcing that Argo had won best picture, via a video link from the White House.
Rules dictate that Iranian women shown on Iran's state television should have a hijab that covers their hair, arms and legs. The length of the censor's ruler varies for foreigners. A foreign woman travelling inside the Islamic republic should comply with the same restriction on Iranian women, but those shown on TV, such as dignitaries or actors, are tolerated without the hijab, »
- Saeed Kamali Dehghan
Similar News ItemsBen Affleck
- Watch Ben Affleck in New 'The Accountant' Trailer (From Movies.com. 28 July 2016, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Suicide Squad Clip And Featurette Delve Into The Dark Corridors Of Belle Reve (From We Got This Covered. 28 July 2016, 11:22 AM, PDT)
- Hot Toys Suicide Squad The Joker (Batman Imposter Version) Cosbaby (From Flickeringmyth. 28 July 2016, 11:15 AM, PDT)
- Anna Gunn on leading all-female film Equity and being 'demonized' online (From The Guardian - Film News. 28 July 2016, 10:45 AM, PDT)
- Seth Meyers Sends Message To Bernie Sanders’ Supporters (From Uinterview. 28 July 2016, 10:44 AM, PDT)
- Inside the Convention ‘Circus’ With Bloomberg’s Halperin and Heilemann (From Variety - TV News. 28 July 2016, 8:28 AM, PDT)
- ‘Halt and Catch Fire’ Season 3 Promos: The Tech Underdogs Return Once Again (From Indiewire. 28 July 2016, 12:07 PM, PDT)
- Oscar Hopefuls Chart the Course With Venice, Telluride and Toronto Bows (From Variety - Film News. 28 July 2016, 9:33 AM, PDT)
- Win an epic ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ prize bundle (From The Hollywood News. 27 July 2016, 4:00 AM, PDT)