We start the Top 7. You finish the Top 10.
When I wrote about my favorite Oscar-winning performances of the past decade, I said it’s best not to get too worked up about the Academy Awards. I did add that it is more fun when I agree with them. Of course I didn’t agree with every decision last night. For example, the very good Argo is far from my favorite film of the year, and I felt Tony Kushner’s screenplay for Lincoln deserved it over Chris Terrio. Sure, I wish Skyfall had brought Roger Deakins his long-awaited first Oscar, I’d have loved to see ParaNorman beat Brave, and I don’t think Silver Linings Playbook is the one Jennifer Lawrence will be remembered for. Even so, accepting that no one will ever be happy with all the winners, this newest slate is alright by me.
It isn’t »
- Shane T. Nier
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- 15 Actresses Who’ve Called Out Hollywood on Sexism (Photos) (From The Wrap. 27 May 2017, 10:34 AM, PDT)
- Summer 2017 Film Preview (From Women and Hollywood. 26 May 2017, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- Diane Kruger: ‘I’ve Never Been Paid as Much as a Male Costar in the U.S.’ (From Variety - Film News. 24 May 2017, 9:07 AM, PDT)
- Superhero Bits: Ben Affleck Tries Christian Bale’s Batman Voice, Spider-Man: Homecoming Tracklist & More (From Slash Film. 29 May 2017, 5:00 PM, PDT)
- 29 Best World War II Movies This Memorial Day (Photos) (From The Wrap. 29 May 2017, 8:42 AM, PDT)
- Matt Damon and Wife Luciana Barroso Go Boating in Monaco With Chris Hemsworth -- See the Pics! (From Entertainment Tonight. 27 May 2017, 4:50 PM, PDT)
- Twins Almost Here! George Clooney Jokes He Can’t Travel as Amal’s Due Date Approaches (From PEOPLE.com. 29 May 2017, 8:49 PM, PDT)
- George Clooney Skips Humanitarian Award Ceremony to Be Home With Amal Before She Gives Birth (From E! Online. 29 May 2017, 7:45 PM, PDT)
- Clueless Screening Reunites Alicia Silverstone and Breckin Meyer (From MovieWeb. 29 May 2017, 1:18 PM, PDT)