We start the Top 7. You finish the Top 10.
When I wrote about my favorite Oscar-winning performances of the past decade, I said it’s best not to get too worked up about the Academy Awards. I did add that it is more fun when I agree with them. Of course I didn’t agree with every decision last night. For example, the very good Argo is far from my favorite film of the year, and I felt Tony Kushner’s screenplay for Lincoln deserved it over Chris Terrio. Sure, I wish Skyfall had brought Roger Deakins his long-awaited first Oscar, I’d have loved to see ParaNorman beat Brave, and I don’t think Silver Linings Playbook is the one Jennifer Lawrence will be remembered for. Even so, accepting that no one will ever be happy with all the winners, this newest slate is alright by me.
It isn’t »
- Shane T. Nier
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Amy Schumer And Jennifer Lawrence Vacation Together, Make The World Jealous [Photos] (From Uinterview. 31 July 2015, 7:47 PM, PDT)
- Of Course Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer Are on Vacation Together: Here's Why They Were Always Meant to Be! (From E! Online. 31 July 2015, 3:04 PM, PDT)
- Nicki Minaj Calls Out Her Ex-Boyfriend on Stage (From Popsugar. 31 July 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Elisabetta Canalis -- 'George' is off My List for Baby Names (Video) (From TMZ. 31 July 2015, 10:36 AM, PDT)
- Guy Ritchie Weds Jacqui Ainsley -- Check Out the Bride's Dress! (From TooFab. 30 July 2015, 1:45 PM, PDT)
- Guy Ritchie Marries Jacqui Ainsley -- and Brad Pitt Attends the Wedding! (From Us Weekly. 30 July 2015, 6:16 AM, PDT)
- Respect for Tom Cruise (From Flickeringmyth. 1 August 2015, 10:11 AM, PDT)
- Ian McKellen Joins the Packed Best Actor Race (From AwardsDaily. 31 July 2015, 3:34 PM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio: Looking at potential Best Actor contenders (From Hollywoodnews.com. 31 July 2015, 10:44 AM, PDT)