There weren’t many upsets at the 2013 Oscars — more like a lot of sure-things, and a few very close races that could have gone one of three (or sometimes four) different ways.
As expected, Argo claimed the Best Picture award, riding an unstoppable wave of support after Ben Affleck was denied a directing nomination. Did voters cast their ballots last night, and throughout all the pre-Oscar guild awards, because they felt bad for the actor/filmmaker? That’s absurd. The Academy Awards may make pitiful choices sometimes, but they are not a pity party.
In a year full of powerhouse contenders, »
- Anthony Breznican
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Jennifer Lawrence to make her directorial debut with Project Delirium (From JoBlo. 25 November 2015, 5:24 PM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence Is Directing a Dark Comedy About Mental Warfare (From MovieWeb. 25 November 2015, 4:07 PM, PST)
- What Jennifer Lawrence Is Trying Next (From Cinema Blend. 25 November 2015, 2:26 PM, PST)
- Who Almost Helmed The "Star Wars" Prequels (From Dark Horizons. 25 November 2015, 1:05 PM, PST)
- Ron Howard, Robert Zemeckis & Steven Spielberg All Turned Down Directing The 'Star Wars' Prequels (From The Playlist. 25 November 2015, 12:20 PM, PST)
- 'Star Wars' Prequel Trilogy Was Almost Directed by These 3 Iconic Filmmakers (From MovieWeb. 25 November 2015, 11:50 AM, PST)
- Ben Affleck says there’s a “ton of pressure” on Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (From Flickeringmyth. 25 November 2015, 1:11 PM, PST)
- 'Black Mass' Director Scott Cooper To Helm Bourne-Esque 'White Knight' (From The Playlist. 25 November 2015, 11:25 AM, PST)
- Ben Affleck Acknowledges “Ton Of Pressure” Looming Over Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice (From We Got This Covered. 25 November 2015, 9:03 AM, PST)