Seth MacFarlane's Oscars opening song has caused uproar - deservedly so?
Reading on mobile? See the video here
Over in La, the last reveller has staggered out of the final Oscars party. Yet in the aftermath of this year's ceremony, far more than the actual winners, people are discussing comedian Seth MacFarlane's opening song, We Saw Your Boobs - mainly in highly negative terms.
The case for the prosecution is that it kicked off Hollywood's biggest night by belittling its most powerful women - and at an event, as Buzzfeed pointed out, where only one woman has ever won the highest individual prize, the best director award.
So since I don't own a television, I hadn't actually seen 'We Saw Your Boobs' until now. Now I have. I'm speechless with misery and rage.
— Nancy Durrant (@NancyDurrant) February 25, 2013
The defence is MacFarlane was employed partly to puncture the event's pomposity, »
Similar News ItemsCharlize Theron
- The 10 best videos from Comic-Con 2014 (From EW.com - PopWatch. 29 July 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Action Packed Footage and New Posters from Mad Max: Fury Road (From Horror Asylum. 29 July 2014)
- 9 Biggest Surprises of Comic-Con 2014 (From MovieWeb. 28 July 2014, 3:26 PM, PDT)
- Watch 5 Minutes From The Simpsons and Family Guy Crossover Episode (From Worst Previews. 29 July 2014, 3:19 AM, PDT)
- Comic-Con: Fox Previews 'Family Guy' Episode With 'Simpsons' Crossover (Video) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 28 July 2014, 6:10 AM, PDT)
- News Bits: Blackhat, Eight, Family, Sons (From Dark Horizons. 27 July 2014, 7:02 PM, PDT)
Joan Collins (I)
- Leonardo DiCaprio - and Some A-List Friends - Raise $25 Million for His Charity (From PEOPLE.com. 24 July 2014, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- James Arthur, Joan Collins: Stars who turned down Celebrity Big Brother (From Digital Spy - TV news. 23 July 2014, 11:03 AM, PDT)
- Joan Collins returns to Benidorm (From Virgin Media - TV. 2 June 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)