From MTV News
A big night in Hollywood for the Oscars meant a pretty light weekend everywhere else at the box office. The Melissa McCarthy holdover "Identity Thief" reclaimed its top spot on the charts in its third week in release and beat Dwayne Johnson's latest action effort "Snitch." The comedy took in a modest $14 million ahead of "Snitch"'s $13 million.
Perhaps the most surprising story of the weekend came from "A Good Day to Die Hard." Last week's champion suffered a pretty massive drop-off, falling 60 percent in its second weekend, taking in just $10 million, good enough for a fifth place finish.
The other debut of the weekend, "Dark Skies," opened just behind "Die Hard" with $8.8 million.
Head over to MTV News for you full box office recap.
- MTV Movies Team
Similar News ItemsDwayne Johnson (I)
- Ballers: Season Four; Brittany S. Hall to Be a Series Regular on HBO TV Show (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 August 2017, 9:21 PM, PDT)
- Mark Wahlberg Passes Dwayne Johnson To Become Highest Paid Actor Of 2017 (From We Got This Covered. 22 August 2017, 7:14 PM, PDT)
- Dwayne Johnson Is No Longer The World's Highest Paid Actor (From Cinema Blend. 22 August 2017, 2:35 PM, PDT)
- How Cecily Strong Is Getting 'Back Into Shape' for SNL: It's 'Fake Fat Camp' (From PEOPLE.com. 18 August 2017, 7:23 AM, PDT)
- Newswire: Emma Stone dethrones Jennifer Lawrence on Forbes’ list of highest-paid actresses (From The AV Club. 17 August 2017, 2:40 PM, PDT)
- Emma Stone Beats Jennifer Lawrence as 2017's Highest-Paid Actress (From MovieWeb. 17 August 2017, 2:17 PM, PDT)
Identity Thief (2013)
- John Cho Joins the Cast of Fox’s The Exorcist Season 2, New Plot Details Revealed (From DailyDead. 8 July 2017, 9:08 AM, PDT)
- Melissa McCarthy to Star in Christmas Musical “Margie Claus” (From Women and Hollywood. 9 June 2017, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- Jared Kushner’s New York Observer Lays Off Film Critic Rex Reed (From Indiewire. 31 May 2017, 11:59 AM, PDT)