From MTV News
A big night in Hollywood for the Oscars meant a pretty light weekend everywhere else at the box office. The Melissa McCarthy holdover "Identity Thief" reclaimed its top spot on the charts in its third week in release and beat Dwayne Johnson's latest action effort "Snitch." The comedy took in a modest $14 million ahead of "Snitch"'s $13 million.
Perhaps the most surprising story of the weekend came from "A Good Day to Die Hard." Last week's champion suffered a pretty massive drop-off, falling 60 percent in its second weekend, taking in just $10 million, good enough for a fifth place finish.
The other debut of the weekend, "Dark Skies," opened just behind "Die Hard" with $8.8 million.
Head over to MTV News for you full box office recap.
- MTV Movies Team
Similar News ItemsDwayne Johnson (I)
- Dwayne Johnson tops Forbes’ list of highest-paid actors (From Flickeringmyth. 27 August 2016, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- Best of the Week: The Top Movies of the Century, How to Get a Marvel Movie Gig and More (From Movies.com. 26 August 2016, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Irina Shayk Covers "GQ" (From SneakPeek. 26 August 2016, 7:58 AM, PDT)
- Melissa McCarthy's Funniest Onscreen Moments of All Time (From BuzzSugar. 25 August 2016, 9:05 PM, PDT)
- When Racism and Sexism Are Online Terror: The Attacks on Leslie Jones (From TVovermind.com. 25 August 2016, 3:21 PM, PDT)
- The Rock Named World’s Highest-Paid Actor, Earning Nearly $20 Million More Than Highest-Paid Actress, Jennifer Lawrence (From Indiewire. 25 August 2016, 2:55 PM, PDT)
Identity Thief (2013)
- Top 5 times Melissa McCarthy made us Lol (From Cineplex. 26 August 2016, 9:47 AM, PDT)
- Mike Epps, T.I. Starring in Restaurant Comedy ‘The Trap’ (From Variety - Film News. 18 August 2016, 5:05 PM, PDT)
- ‘Sausage Party’ Behind-The-Scenes Clip: Seth Rogen And Composers Discuss The Film’s Score (From Indiewire. 16 August 2016, 3:39 PM, PDT)