Iran’s state TV dismissed the Oscar-winning film Argo on Monday as an “advertisement for the CIA” and some Iranians called the award a political statement by America for its unflattering portrayal of the aftermath of the 1979 Islamic Revolution.
And while Argo has not appeared in any Iranian cinema, there has been no shortage of buzz from those who saw the movie through bootleg DVD networks.
The discussions over Argo in Iran have often pried open a generational divide: Iranians who took part in the 1979 Islamic Revolution picking apart the portrayals of Tehran during the time, and Iranians too young »
- Associated Press
Similar News ItemsBen Affleck
- Visionary: Richard Linklater to Receive Big Palm Springs International Film Festival Award (From Manny the Movie Guy. 26 November 2014, 9:16 AM, PST)
- "Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice" - 'Paradise Island' (From SneakPeek. 26 November 2014, 5:01 AM, PST)
- Christian Bale “Jealous” of Batfleck; Emily Blunt “Loves” ‘Captain Marvel’ Fan Casting (From Slash Film. 26 November 2014, 5:00 AM, PST)
- Michelle Obama Helps Prank Army Veteran In New Feel-Good ‘Prank It Fwd’ Episode (From Tubefilter News. 24 November 2014, 1:08 PM, PST)
- Students Are Tweeting Thanks to Michelle Obama With Pics Of Gross Cafeteria Food -- See the Meals! (From Us Weekly. 21 November 2014, 9:47 AM, PST)
- Rachael Ray Celebrates a Milestone With Her 1500th Episode! (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 November 2014, 3:53 PM, PST)
- 'The Imitation Game' (2014) Movie Review (From Rope Of Silicon. 26 November 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
- How computers generated Alexandre Desplat's 'Imitation Game' score (From Hitfix. 24 November 2014, 3:16 PM, PST)
- Meet Sheila Vand: Artist, Cinephile and Star of 'A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night' (From Thompson on Hollywood. 21 November 2014, 2:13 PM, PST)