Kidman will star as the actress in Olivier Dahan's biopic Grace of Monaco, which is set to be released next year.
The 45-year-old actress recently came to the defence of the film after Kelly's children and members of the Monaco royal family described it as "inaccurate".
Grace Kelly married Rainer III, Prince of Monaco in April 1956, becoming princess consort of Monaco. Her children have described the film as "pure fiction", and have made it clear that they played no part in the project.
However, Kidman hit back at the comments, describing her portrayal of the late star as "respectful".
"I wanted to be respectful of her, her story and her essence so hopefully that will all come through," said Kidman.
"It's exciting but at first it was daunting. At the same time I had studied her and »
Similar News ItemsNicole Kidman
- Keith Urban Celebrates 10th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman and Shares Their First Photo Together (From E! Online. 25 June 2016, 1:56 PM, PDT)
- Inside Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's 10 Epic Years of Marriage: An Intense and Determined Romance (From E! Online. 25 June 2016, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- Oscar Race at the 2016 Halfway Mark: Diversity and Confusion (From Variety - Film News. 24 June 2016, 11:03 AM, PDT)
Grace Kelly (I)
- Best Shot - Vote for the Next Movie! (From FilmExperience. 22 June 2016, 4:48 PM, PDT)
- 17 Classic Romance Movies You Can Stream on Netflix (From BuzzSugar. 22 June 2016, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Next up on "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" (From FilmExperience. 14 June 2016, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Curzon Artificial Eye acquires Cannes title 'The Handmaiden' (From ScreenDaily. 3 June 2016, 5:44 AM, PDT)
- Curzon Artificial Eye acquire Cannes title 'The Handmaiden' (From ScreenDaily. 3 June 2016, 5:44 AM, PDT)
- Cannes 2016 Review: The Handmaiden, A Breathtaking And Twisted Lesbian Thriller (From Twitch. 15 May 2016, 5:38 AM, PDT)