News Simon Brew 25 Feb 2013 - 06:47
In the middle of January, we posted a story reporting that plans for a sequel to Jack Reacher were somewhat in the balance. The film had been relatively cheap to make by modern day blockbuster standards, with a negative cost of around $60m. Appreciating that a big Tom Cruise movie is still hardly cheap to promote, the general feeling was that somewhere around $250m at the worldwide box office was required to get Jack Reacher 2 moving.
Turns out, while nobody was looking, the film has snuck closer to that line than you might have thought.
As things stand, while Jack Reacher has struggled a little in the States, gathering up just short of $80m, it's been a decent success elsewhere. The non-us take has crept up to $133m, »
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Empire Debuts Creepy New Shot Of Sofia Boutella’s Mummy (From We Got This Covered. 28 May 2017, 1:38 PM, PDT)
- New image from The Mummy features Sofia Boutella’s Princess Ahmanet (From Flickeringmyth. 28 May 2017, 10:09 AM, PDT)
- Tom Cruise Battles Princess Ahmanet In New Clip From The Mummy (From We Got This Covered. 27 May 2017, 11:26 AM, PDT)
Jack Reacher (2012)
- 6 Women of Color in Supporting Roles Who Deserve to Star on Their Own Shows (From Indiewire Television. 25 May 2017, 5:11 PM, PDT)
- 6 Women of Color in Supporting Roles Who Deserve to Star on Their Own Shows (From Indiewire. 25 May 2017, 5:11 PM, PDT)
- Here's Exactly What's Happening With the Top Gun Sequel (From BuzzSugar. 24 May 2017, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Dwayne Johnson Really Wanted to Play ‘Jack Reacher’ (From Slash Film. 17 April 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Movie News: Dolph Lundgren Joins 'Aquaman'; Dwayne Johnson Wanted to Be 'Jack Reacher' (From Movies.com. 13 April 2017, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Dwayne Johnson went for the role of Jack Reacher but lost out to Cruise (From The Hollywood News. 12 April 2017, 2:43 AM, PDT)