Directed by Pablo Larraín.
An ad executive comes up with a campaign to defeat Augusto Pinochet in Chile's 1988 referendum.
Set in the weeks leading up to Chile’s 1988 referendum where the people voted yes or no (hence the film’s title) on keeping Augusto Pinochet in power, No is not your standard movie history lesson and is certainly deserved of its nomination at this year’s Academy Awards for Best Foreign Film.
The decision of the director to shoot this film entirely handheld on U-matic, a video cassette technology popular at the time the film is set, and presenting it in 4:3 ratio gives No a naturally anachronistic look and tone. The film looks as if it used all natural lighting and isn’t afraid to completely wash the frame with white light »
- Flickering Myth
Similar News ItemsGael García Bernal
- TV News: Mob, Mozart, Lilyhammer, Miami (From Dark Horizons. 6 December 2013, 7:45 AM, PST)
- 'Once Upon a Time' adds 'Lost's' Rebecca Mader; Taylor Swift set for Grammy noms concert (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 5 December 2013, 2:00 PM, PST)
- Malcolm McDowell To Star In ‘Mozart In The Jungle’, Brianne Howey Joins ‘Twisted’ (From Deadline TV. 5 December 2013, 7:22 AM, PST)
- Glasgow unveils new strands (From ScreenDaily. 21 November 2013, 3:36 AM, PST)
- The Best Foreign Language Feature Films of 2013, According to Members of the Criticwire Network: 'No,' 'Blue Is the Warmest Color' And More (From Indiewire. 7 November 2013, 7:08 AM, PST)
- Gael García Bernal To Star In Roman Coppola's Amazon Pilot, Vince Gilligan Guesting On 'Community' & More (From Indiewire Television. 5 November 2013, 7:36 AM, PST)
- 12 Years a Slave & Nebraska Lead 2014 Indie Spirit Noms; Ain’t Them Bodies Saints & Mother of George Snubbed (From ioncinema. 26 November 2013, 2:00 PM, PST)
- "12 Years a Slave" Tops 2014 Spirit Award Nominations (From Manny the Movie Guy. 26 November 2013, 12:34 PM, PST)
- ’12 Years a Slave’ Leads Spirit Nominations with 7; ‘Nebraska’ Takes 6 (From Variety - Film News. 26 November 2013, 10:25 AM, PST)