A lot was made of choosing Seth MacFarlane as the host of the 85th Academy Awards since his crude sense of humour (see: "Family Guy," Ted) wasn't exactly in line with the typical stodgy Oscar evening tone.
But he proved to be rather toothless and uneven, choosing to deliver most of his lightly prickly jabs with a nervous smile stretched across his lips, like a kid desperate for your approval but trying to feign the opposite. Edgy? Not so much. Yes, he had a song that celebrated certain female body parts and pretended to take home Sally Field but it felt patently immature, even for the voice of Stewie, and piecemeal at best as sock puppet re-enactments and random soft shoe routines were squeezed between Kardashian jokes.
- Andrea Miller
Similar News ItemsChanning Tatum
- Chocolate City DVD Review: A Rip Off We Can Forgive (From Uinterview. 28 July 2015, 1:04 PM, PDT)
- Hey Now! The 10 most showstopping Howard Stern interview moments of 2015 (From Hitfix. 27 July 2015, 5:33 PM, PDT)
- Gambit Rumored For Fall Shoot; Casting Call Reveals Character Details (From We Got This Covered. 27 July 2015, 8:02 AM, PDT)
- Fantasia 2015 Must See Films (Week Three) (From SoundOnSight. 26 July 2015, 1:46 PM, PDT)
- Charlize Theron Is So Cheesy—Find Out Why! (From E! Online. 25 July 2015, 10:16 AM, PDT)
- TooFab or TooDrab?! See This Week's Best and Worst Dressed Stars (From TooFab. 24 July 2015, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- 6 Weird Conversations Seth MacFarlane Must Have Had Making Ted 2 (From Obsessed with Film. 23 July 2015, 5:54 AM, PDT)
- Ant-Man's war on yellow continues as he takes down the Minions at UK box office (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 21 July 2015, 10:06 AM, PDT)
- Sdcc 2015: Highlights and Lowlights of the Con (From SoundOnSight. 20 July 2015, 2:11 PM, PDT)