From his numerous song-and-dance numbers to his many off-color jokes about everyone from Chris Brown and Rihanna to John Wilkes Booth, host Seth MacFarlane definitely wasn't afraid to ruffle some feathers during the 85th Academy Awards. It remains to be seen how the "Family Guy" creator's involvement in the show affected its ratings, but for now we want to know what you all thought of his hosting abilities.
There have been a range of hosts brought on board the Oscars over the past five years, with longtime favorites Billy Crystal and Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin trading places with the likes of Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway and James Franco. Though MacFarlane isn't as risqué as, say, Ricky Gervais, his raunchy humor that appeals to young audiences might have the older crowd hoping Academy Awards producers return to tried-and-true hosts in 2014.
So what did you think? Was MacFarlane a riot »
Similar News ItemsHugh Jackman
- Godless: first trailer for Steven Soderbergh's Netflix show (From Den of Geek. 16 October 2017, 10:13 AM, PDT)
- The Essential Vampire Films (From Flickeringmyth. 16 October 2017, 7:05 AM, PDT)
- What Scott Eastwood Looks Like as the New Wolverine (From MovieWeb. 14 October 2017, 11:06 AM, PDT)
- ‘The X-Files’: Why a Future Without Scully is Impossible to Imagine (From Indiewire Television. 16 October 2017, 4:24 PM, PDT)
- ‘The X-Files’: Why a Future Without Scully is Impossible to Imagine (From Indiewire. 16 October 2017, 4:24 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Deuce’ EPs David Simon & George Pelecanos on Highlighting Female Voices and Their 3-Season Plan (From Collider.com. 16 October 2017, 11:04 AM, PDT)
- Harmony Korine’s Matthew McConaughey-Starring Stoner Comedy ‘The Beach Bum’ May Screen in Weed-Laced Smell-o-Vision (From Indiewire. 17 October 2017, 7:33 AM, PDT)
- Taking The 'High' Road: The Best Stoned Celebrity Confessions Ever (From PEOPLE.com. 12 October 2017, 12:53 PM, PDT)
- Michelle Pfeiffer would love to play Catwoman again (From Flickeringmyth. 11 October 2017, 12:26 PM, PDT)