Halle Berry is the only Oscar-winning actress yet to have been a "Bond girl," so her role at the 85th Academy Awards was highly appropriate.
If only there had been more to what she introduced.
Berry actually won her award for "Monster's Ball" while she was filming "Die Another Day" in 2002, and she led Sunday's (Feb. 24) tribute to the 50th anniversary of the James Bond movie franchise -- advertised for days by ABC as one of the major highlights of the ceremony.
First up was the expected montage of action clips representing all of the actors who have played Agent 007 "officially," backed by a medley of familiar Bond melodies -- capped by arguably the series' biggest music hit, "Goldfinger," belted live by its original crooner, Dame Shirley Bassey (who also sang "Diamonds Are Forever" and "Moonraker" for the series).
And then ... a commercial break? And more awards? That's all the »
Similar News ItemsHalle Berry
- Dwayne Johnson Shares Behind-the-Scenes Photo of Oscars Rehearsals -- See the Pic! (From Entertainment Tonight. 25 February 2017, 8:13 PM, PST)
- 89th Oscars News – 24 Hours Until Hollywood’s Big Night (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 25 February 2017, 4:24 PM, PST)
- Matt Damon, Jennifer Aniston, Meryl Streep and More Announced as Final Oscars Presenters (From Entertainment Tonight. 25 February 2017, 9:00 AM, PST)
Die Another Day (2002)
- The Lrm Interview with A United Kingdom’s Rosamund Pike (From LRM Online. 13 February 2017, 7:30 AM, PST)
- Behind-the-Scenes Photos from Tom Holland’s New Horror Film Rock Paper Dead (From DailyDead. 27 January 2017, 1:53 PM, PST)
- The many movie injuries of Halle Berry (From Den of Geek. 26 January 2017, 7:47 AM, PST)
- The 12 Best Movie Sequels Ever (From Cinelinx. 6 January 2017, 7:21 PM, PST)
- In memoriam: the film stars and directors we lost in 2016 (From ScreenDaily. 30 December 2016, 11:16 PM, PST)
- James Bond, and the perils of casting a new 007 (From Den of Geek. 12 October 2016, 10:21 AM, PDT)