Halle Berry is the only Oscar-winning actress yet to have been a "Bond girl," so her role at the 85th Academy Awards was highly appropriate.
If only there had been more to what she introduced.
Berry actually won her award for "Monster's Ball" while she was filming "Die Another Day" in 2002, and she led Sunday's (Feb. 24) tribute to the 50th anniversary of the James Bond movie franchise -- advertised for days by ABC as one of the major highlights of the ceremony.
First up was the expected montage of action clips representing all of the actors who have played Agent 007 "officially," backed by a medley of familiar Bond melodies -- capped by arguably the series' biggest music hit, "Goldfinger," belted live by its original crooner, Dame Shirley Bassey (who also sang "Diamonds Are Forever" and "Moonraker" for the series).
And then ... a commercial break? And more awards? That's all the »
Similar News ItemsHalle Berry
- "Extant" Gets Revamped For Second Season (From Dark Horizons. 24 December 2014, 3:55 AM, PST)
- Extant Season 2: Who's In? Who's Out? (From TVLine.com. 23 December 2014, 6:43 PM, PST)
- Halle Berry Will Return to Extant (From Boomtron. 23 December 2014, 3:05 PM, PST)
Die Another Day (2002)
- Sony Responds: "The President, The Press And The Public Are Mistaken" (From CinemaRetro. 19 December 2014, 9:17 PM, PST)
- Kieran Breen Promoted to President of International Marketing at 20th Century Fox (From The Wrap. 19 December 2014, 12:17 PM, PST)
- New James Bond Film Reportedly Comes with a $300 Million Price Tag (From Rope Of Silicon. 11 December 2014, 7:11 AM, PST)
- What to Watch: Tonight's TV Picks - Royal Variety Performance, Gotham (From Digital Spy - TV news. 8 December 2014, 3:00 AM, PST)
- StreamFix: 'Charlie Brown Christmas', 'Almost Famous', More (From Hitfix. 2 December 2014, 6:23 PM, PST)
- Judy Murray and Anton du Beke exit Strictly Come Dancing in Blackpool (From Digital Spy - TV news. 16 November 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)