Halle Berry is the only Oscar-winning actress yet to have been a "Bond girl," so her role at the 85th Academy Awards was highly appropriate.
If only there had been more to what she introduced.
Berry actually won her award for "Monster's Ball" while she was filming "Die Another Day" in 2002, and she led Sunday's (Feb. 24) tribute to the 50th anniversary of the James Bond movie franchise -- advertised for days by ABC as one of the major highlights of the ceremony.
First up was the expected montage of action clips representing all of the actors who have played Agent 007 "officially," backed by a medley of familiar Bond melodies -- capped by arguably the series' biggest music hit, "Goldfinger," belted live by its original crooner, Dame Shirley Bassey (who also sang "Diamonds Are Forever" and "Moonraker" for the series).
And then ... a commercial break? And more awards? That's all the »
Similar News ItemsHalle Berry
- Priyanka Chopra Says She Never Had to Audition Before ‘Quantico’ (From Variety - TV News. 23 September 2016, 9:42 AM, PDT)
- Jennifer Aniston's Sexy Bed Head, Halle Berry's Crop Top and More Iconic '90s Trends at the Emmys (From E! Online. 18 September 2016, 2:11 PM, PDT)
- Halle Berry: How Spike Lee Gave Her the Opportunity to Break Out From ‘Gorgeous Girl’ Roles (From Indiewire. 16 September 2016, 8:03 AM, PDT)
Die Another Day (2002)
- Toby Stephens will lead the ‘Lost In Space’ remake for Netflix (From The Hollywood News. 21 September 2016, 1:04 AM, PDT)
- Rosamund Pike Covers "Dior" (From SneakPeek. 19 September 2016, 6:59 AM, PDT)
- ‘A United Kingdom’ Trailer: David Oyelowo and Rosamund Pike Fight For Love & Country (From Indiewire. 25 August 2016, 7:39 AM, PDT)
- Director/ writer/ actor Gary Marshall dies at age 81 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 22 July 2016, 9:49 PM, PDT)
- Movie and TV Giant Garry Marshall Has Died at 81 (From Movies.com. 20 July 2016, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Garry Marshall, Director/Producer/Actor, Dead At Age 81; "Happy Days" And "Pretty Woman" Among His Hits (From CinemaRetro. 20 July 2016, 8:57 AM, PDT)