Halle Berry is the only Oscar-winning actress yet to have been a "Bond girl," so her role at the 85th Academy Awards was highly appropriate.
If only there had been more to what she introduced.
Berry actually won her award for "Monster's Ball" while she was filming "Die Another Day" in 2002, and she led Sunday's (Feb. 24) tribute to the 50th anniversary of the James Bond movie franchise -- advertised for days by ABC as one of the major highlights of the ceremony.
First up was the expected montage of action clips representing all of the actors who have played Agent 007 "officially," backed by a medley of familiar Bond melodies -- capped by arguably the series' biggest music hit, "Goldfinger," belted live by its original crooner, Dame Shirley Bassey (who also sang "Diamonds Are Forever" and "Moonraker" for the series).
And then ... a commercial break? And more awards? That's all the »
Similar News ItemsHalle Berry
- Jon Hamm Starring in Tony Gilroy’s ‘High Wire Act’ (From Variety - Film News. 6 May 2015, 9:17 AM, PDT)
- Bryan Singer reveals X-Men: Days of Future Past – The Rogue Cut will arrive in July (From Flickeringmyth. 5 May 2015, 12:06 PM, PDT)
- 'Gotham' Child Star -- Young Catwoman Gettin' Paid Purr-dy Penny (From TMZ. 3 May 2015, 12:20 AM, PDT)
Die Another Day (2002)
- In London Underground's 'Skyfall' Station, A Subterranean Cinema Is Born (From Thompson on Hollywood. 29 April 2015, 10:19 AM, PDT)
- Christoph Waltz Insists He Is Not Blofeld in 'Spectre' (From Rope Of Silicon. 7 April 2015, 9:23 AM, PDT)
- What did we learn from the Spectre teaser trailer? (From Den of Geek. 28 March 2015, 3:21 PM, PDT)
- Round-Up: Sun Choke Posters, Mark of the Devil 1 & 2 Vinyl, Soska Sisters’ Vendetta (From DailyDead. 5 May 2015, 8:33 AM, PDT)
- 18 films that took their inspiration from James Bond movies (From Den of Geek. 3 May 2015, 4:54 AM, PDT)
- The Evolution of James Bond (From Flickeringmyth. 21 April 2015, 9:00 PM, PDT)