Halle Berry is the only Oscar-winning actress yet to have been a "Bond girl," so her role at the 85th Academy Awards was highly appropriate.
If only there had been more to what she introduced.
Berry actually won her award for "Monster's Ball" while she was filming "Die Another Day" in 2002, and she led Sunday's (Feb. 24) tribute to the 50th anniversary of the James Bond movie franchise -- advertised for days by ABC as one of the major highlights of the ceremony.
First up was the expected montage of action clips representing all of the actors who have played Agent 007 "officially," backed by a medley of familiar Bond melodies -- capped by arguably the series' biggest music hit, "Goldfinger," belted live by its original crooner, Dame Shirley Bassey (who also sang "Diamonds Are Forever" and "Moonraker" for the series).
And then ... a commercial break? And more awards? That's all the »
Similar News ItemsHalle Berry
- Idris Elba Wants To Play James Bond, the Cast of D2: The Mighty Ducks Reunites, and More in Today’s Last Lap (From VH1.com. 22 September 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Will Recast Storm, Jean Grey and Cyclops (From MovieWeb. 22 September 2014, 2:47 PM, PDT)
- Bryan Singer Confirmed as Director of 'X-Men: Apocalypse', Mutant List Expands (From Rope Of Silicon. 22 September 2014, 12:52 PM, PDT)
Die Another Day (2002)
- 'Strike Back' adds Michelle Yeoh, Dustin Clare & more to final season cast (From Hitfix. 22 September 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Rosamund Pike on David Tennant and reviving Thunderbirds' Lady Penelope (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 22 September 2014, 5:25 AM, PDT)
- The November Man (From Scorecard Review. 29 August 2014, 5:06 PM, PDT)
- Goldfinger 50 years on: How the 1964 classic shaped the 007 films (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 22 September 2014, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Is Coming To The UK To Appear Live On Stage! (From The Hollywood News. 2 September 2014, 1:23 AM, PDT)
- Jk Rowling details singing sorceress in new Harry Potter short story (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 18 August 2014, 7:31 PM, PDT)