Anne Hathaway's dream came true at the 85th Academy Awards as she took the stage to claim the best supporting actress Oscar for her role in Les Miserables.
Tom Hooper's adaptation of the hit stage musical cast her as the tragic Fantine, who loses her job as a seamstress and comes to a bad end by the city gates. Hathaway's anguished rendition of the song 'I Dreamed a Dream' provided the film with its main emotional wallop.
It is the first Oscar win for the 30-year-old performer, who was previously nominated in the best actress category for her turn as a middle-class drug addict in the 2008 drama Rachel Getting Married.
- Xan Brooks
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Movie Review – Doctor Zhivago (1965) (From Flickeringmyth. 28 November 2015, 4:30 AM, PST)
- Retro 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Posters Revisit 1977 (From MovieWeb. 27 November 2015, 1:38 PM, PST)
- 10 Movies Which Were Completely Changed After Test Screenings (From Obsessed with Film. 27 November 2015, 5:22 AM, PST)
- Pregnant Anne Hathaway -- This is How It's Done!!! (Photo) (From TMZ. 29 November 2015, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Anne Hathaway Steps Out After Pregnancy News - See Her Baby Bump! (From Popsugar. 28 November 2015, 11:30 PM, PST)
- Anne Hathaway and Husband Adam Shulman Step Out for the First Time After Pregnancy News Is Revealed (From E! Online. 28 November 2015, 5:55 PM, PST)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- Doctor Who Christmas special plot and first image revealed (From The Hollywood News. 24 November 2015, 8:45 AM, PST)
- Tom Hardy's 'Taboo' begins London shoot; cast revealed (From ScreenDaily. 23 November 2015, 9:30 AM, PST)
- You'll Want to Escape Into the Enchanting Trailer For A Monster Calls (From BuzzSugar. 19 November 2015, 12:00 PM, PST)