Anne Hathaway's dream came true at the 85th Academy Awards as she took the stage to claim the best supporting actress Oscar for her role in Les Miserables.
Tom Hooper's adaptation of the hit stage musical cast her as the tragic Fantine, who loses her job as a seamstress and comes to a bad end by the city gates. Hathaway's anguished rendition of the song 'I Dreamed a Dream' provided the film with its main emotional wallop.
It is the first Oscar win for the 30-year-old performer, who was previously nominated in the best actress category for her turn as a middle-class drug addict in the 2008 drama Rachel Getting Married.
- Xan Brooks
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Blu Review: Batman vs. Robin (From Cinelinx. 27 April 2015, 12:21 PM, PDT)
- James Mangold’s The Deep Blue Good-By In Troubled Waters Following Christian Bale Injury (From We Got This Covered. 27 April 2015, 9:48 AM, PDT)
- Zack Snyder's career in 7 stunning trailers: Dawn of the Dead to Batman v Superman (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 26 April 2015, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- ‘Grounded’ Theater Review: Anne Hathaway Makes Tough Transition From Fighter Pilot to Drone Operator (From The Wrap. 26 April 2015, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- Time Machine: Nolan and Producer-Wife Following 'Inception' 'Snub' (From Alt Film Guide. 24 April 2015, 6:45 PM, PDT)
- Time Machine: Veterans Wallach and Coppola - Godfather 3 in Common - Are Special Oscar Honorees (From Alt Film Guide. 24 April 2015, 12:28 PM, PDT)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- Time Machine: Burton and Bonham Carter Sporting Matching Hairdos on the Oscars' Red Carpet (From Alt Film Guide. 24 April 2015, 7:44 PM, PDT)
- 'Black Mass' Trailer: This Is the Johnny Depp Everyone Has Been Waiting to See Again (From Movies.com. 23 April 2015, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- Stanley Tucci Joins Beauty And The Beast As A New Character (From Cinema Blend. 21 April 2015, 6:51 PM, PDT)