Anne Hathaway's dream came true at the 85th Academy Awards as she took the stage to claim the best supporting actress Oscar for her role in Les Miserables.
Tom Hooper's adaptation of the hit stage musical cast her as the tragic Fantine, who loses her job as a seamstress and comes to a bad end by the city gates. Hathaway's anguished rendition of the song 'I Dreamed a Dream' provided the film with its main emotional wallop.
It is the first Oscar win for the 30-year-old performer, who was previously nominated in the best actress category for her turn as a middle-class drug addict in the 2008 drama Rachel Getting Married.
- Xan Brooks
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- No New 'Star Wars: Force Awakens' Trailer Until Fall, Would You Pay to Watch It Todayc (From Rope Of Silicon. 6 July 2015, 3:37 PM, PDT)
- Filming has commenced on Star Wars: Rogue One! (From The Hollywood News. 4 July 2015, 2:28 AM, PDT)
- Filming on Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One is underway (From Flickeringmyth. 3 July 2015, 7:13 AM, PDT)
- Concept Art: Steven Spielberg’s ‘Robopocalypse’ (From Slash Film. 6 July 2015, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Meet The Menacing Machines In Concept Art For Steven Spielberg’s Postponed Robopocalypse (From We Got This Covered. 6 July 2015, 9:36 AM, PDT)
- Art From Spielberg's Axed "Robopocalypse" (From Dark Horizons. 6 July 2015, 9:32 AM, PDT)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- Disney Acquires Live-Action Prince Charming Script from Matt Folger (From Collider.com. 6 July 2015, 7:08 PM, PDT)
- Indiana Jones set for Royal Albert Hall debut (From ScreenDaily. 6 July 2015, 5:24 AM, PDT)
- What do the cast of Back to the Future look like now? Michael J Fox, Christopher Lloyd, more (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 3 July 2015, 1:30 AM, PDT)