Anne Hathaway's dream came true at the 85th Academy Awards as she took the stage to claim the best supporting actress Oscar for her role in Les Miserables.
Tom Hooper's adaptation of the hit stage musical cast her as the tragic Fantine, who loses her job as a seamstress and comes to a bad end by the city gates. Hathaway's anguished rendition of the song 'I Dreamed a Dream' provided the film with its main emotional wallop.
It is the first Oscar win for the 30-year-old performer, who was previously nominated in the best actress category for her turn as a middle-class drug addict in the 2008 drama Rachel Getting Married.
- Xan Brooks
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Dark Knight Rises cinema shooting: James Eagan Holmes faces potential death penalty in final sentencing phase (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 3 August 2015, 12:02 PM, PDT)
- Mindy Project Season 4 Twist: Mindy to Wed Big Bang Theory's Raj?! (From TVLine.com. 29 July 2015, 5:51 PM, PDT)
- Why Movie Theaters Probably Won't Start Adding Metal Detectors (From Cinema Blend. 29 July 2015, 7:49 AM, PDT)
- Anne Hathaway: "The Intern" (From SneakPeek. 3 August 2015, 7:03 PM, PDT)
- The Intern Trailer: Watch Robert De Niro And Anne Hathaway At Their Charming Best (From Cinema Blend. 3 August 2015, 2:29 PM, PDT)
- Robert De Niro & Anne Hathaway bond over business in The Intern trailer (From JoBlo. 3 August 2015, 11:06 AM, PDT)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- Fantasia 2015: ‘The Reflecting Skin’ a gothic masterpiece that is criminally overlooked (From SoundOnSight. 24 July 2015, 9:11 PM, PDT)
- Disney is asking fans to choose the next Disney Infinity character (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 24 July 2015, 7:16 PM, PDT)
- Tim Burton Unveils 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Logo (From MovieWeb. 24 July 2015, 8:36 AM, PDT)