Anne Hathaway's dream came true at the 85th Academy Awards as she took the stage to claim the best supporting actress Oscar for her role in Les Miserables.
Tom Hooper's adaptation of the hit stage musical cast her as the tragic Fantine, who loses her job as a seamstress and comes to a bad end by the city gates. Hathaway's anguished rendition of the song 'I Dreamed a Dream' provided the film with its main emotional wallop.
It is the first Oscar win for the 30-year-old performer, who was previously nominated in the best actress category for her turn as a middle-class drug addict in the 2008 drama Rachel Getting Married.
- Xan Brooks
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- #SDCC14: We Rev Up for the Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Automotive Experience! (From Dread Central. 24 July 2014, 2:32 PM, PDT)
- Daniel Radcliffe’s Horns get a Comic-Con poster (From Flickeringmyth. 24 July 2014, 12:41 PM, PDT)
- Cool Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Concept Art By Vance Kovacs (From ComicBookMovie. 24 July 2014, 8:16 AM, PDT)
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Surprise Fans at Comic-Con (From Variety - Film News. 24 July 2014, 4:31 PM, PDT)
- Christopher Nolan and Matthew McConaughey make Comic-Con debut with 'Interstellar' (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 24 July 2014, 4:06 PM, PDT)
- Hey Emmys, it's time to finally reward Harry Shearer for 'The Simpsons'' (From Gold Derby. 24 July 2014, 8:27 AM, PDT)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- Page 2: Star Wars, Twin Peaks, Alice in Wonderland, Goonies, He-man, The Doors, Doctor Who, GoT (From Slash Film. 23 July 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con: ‘Flesh Gordon’ Star to Join Autograph Seekers in Pressing the Flesh (From Variety - Film News. 23 July 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Touring the Movies that Influenced 'The Matrix' (From Rope Of Silicon. 22 July 2014, 3:17 PM, PDT)