Anne Hathaway's dream came true at the 85th Academy Awards as she took the stage to claim the best supporting actress Oscar for her role in Les Miserables.
Tom Hooper's adaptation of the hit stage musical cast her as the tragic Fantine, who loses her job as a seamstress and comes to a bad end by the city gates. Hathaway's anguished rendition of the song 'I Dreamed a Dream' provided the film with its main emotional wallop.
It is the first Oscar win for the 30-year-old performer, who was previously nominated in the best actress category for her turn as a middle-class drug addict in the 2008 drama Rachel Getting Married.
- Xan Brooks
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Paddy Considine And Fares Fares Join Tom Hardy In Child 44 (From Cinema Blend. 23 May 2013, 6:24 PM, PDT)
- The Flickering Myth Reaction - Man of Steel Trailer #4 (From Flickeringmyth. 23 May 2013, 3:55 PM, PDT)
- Zack Snyder, Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer talk Man of Steel (From Flickeringmyth. 23 May 2013, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- Say Cheese! The Best Celebrity Selfie Moments (From Popsugar. 23 May 2013, 5:35 PM, PDT)
- Anne Hathaway Hits the Gym in Spandex—See the Pics (From E! Online. 23 May 2013, 2:05 PM, PDT)
- Proof That Miley and Liam Are Still On? (From Popsugar. 23 May 2013, 11:55 AM, PDT)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- The School For Good And Evil Placed On Universal's Lesson Plan (From Cinema Blend. 23 May 2013, 3:07 PM, PDT)
- Oz The Great And Powerful Producer Picks up Rights for The School Of Good And Evil (From Collider.com. 23 May 2013, 12:50 PM, PDT)
- Universal Opens The School For Good And Evil (From EmpireOnline. 23 May 2013, 11:52 AM, PDT)