Anne Hathaway's dream came true at the 85th Academy Awards as she took the stage to claim the best supporting actress Oscar for her role in Les Miserables.
Tom Hooper's adaptation of the hit stage musical cast her as the tragic Fantine, who loses her job as a seamstress and comes to a bad end by the city gates. Hathaway's anguished rendition of the song 'I Dreamed a Dream' provided the film with its main emotional wallop.
It is the first Oscar win for the 30-year-old performer, who was previously nominated in the best actress category for her turn as a middle-class drug addict in the 2008 drama Rachel Getting Married.
- Xan Brooks
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Chaos in the latest Mad Max: Fury Road TV spot (From Flickeringmyth. 29 March 2015, 3:46 AM, PDT)
- War promo for Mad Max: Fury Road (From Flickeringmyth. 28 March 2015, 2:06 AM, PDT)
- Explosion promo for Mad Max: Fury Road, new trailer arriving on Tuesday (From Flickeringmyth. 27 March 2015, 8:48 AM, PDT)
- Contest: Win Interstellar Blu-ray and DVD Combo with Extra Goodies (3 Winners) (From TheHDRoom. 28 March 2015, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- Win An Amazing ‘Interstellar’ Goody Bag – Own it on Limited Edition 2-Disc Blu-ray™Digibook, Blu-ray™ and DVD on March 30 (From The Hollywood News. 28 March 2015, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- There's Always Been a Lot of Love For Charlie Hunnam in Hollywood (From Popsugar. 27 March 2015, 12:20 PM, PDT)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- Cinderella Review (From TheMovieBit. 28 March 2015, 2:22 AM, PDT)
- Bella Thorne Opens Up About Her Relationship With Pamela Anderson's Son Brandon Lee: ''He's Really Sweet''—Watch! (From E! Online. 26 March 2015, 10:12 AM, PDT)
- The shows & films that made Britain fall in love with anime (From Den of Geek. 24 March 2015, 5:05 AM, PDT)