Anne Hathaway's dream came true at the 85th Academy Awards as she took the stage to claim the best supporting actress Oscar for her role in Les Miserables.
Tom Hooper's adaptation of the hit stage musical cast her as the tragic Fantine, who loses her job as a seamstress and comes to a bad end by the city gates. Hathaway's anguished rendition of the song 'I Dreamed a Dream' provided the film with its main emotional wallop.
It is the first Oscar win for the 30-year-old performer, who was previously nominated in the best actress category for her turn as a middle-class drug addict in the 2008 drama Rachel Getting Married.
- Xan Brooks
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Looks Almost Unrecognizable As Edward Snowden (From Cinema Blend. 3 March 2015, 2:57 PM, PST)
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Edward Snowden: See the First Photo! (From E! Online. 3 March 2015, 9:18 AM, PST)
- Listen to Two Tracks From Junkie Xl's 'Run All Night' Score (Exclusive) (From Moviefone. 3 March 2015, 4:50 AM, PST)
- ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ and ‘Interstellar’ Lead Saturn Awards Noms (From Variety - TV News. 3 March 2015, 5:51 PM, PST)
- ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ and ‘Interstellar’ Lead Saturn Awards Noms (From Variety - Film News. 3 March 2015, 5:51 PM, PST)
- Spike TV & Legendary Pictures Team Up for Scripted Series (From Variety - TV News. 3 March 2015, 11:34 AM, PST)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- 5 must-watch March cinema releases: Chappie, Insurgent, Cinderella (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 1 March 2015, 2:30 AM, PST)
- Cinderella meets her Prince Charming in new clip from Kenneth Branagh’s Cinderella (From Flickeringmyth. 27 February 2015, 7:10 AM, PST)
- The Secret Formula Behind Disney's 'Cinderella' (From The Hollywood Reporter. 27 February 2015, 5:00 AM, PST)