Anne Hathaway's dream came true at the 85th Academy Awards as she took the stage to claim the best supporting actress Oscar for her role in Les Miserables.
Tom Hooper's adaptation of the hit stage musical cast her as the tragic Fantine, who loses her job as a seamstress and comes to a bad end by the city gates. Hathaway's anguished rendition of the song 'I Dreamed a Dream' provided the film with its main emotional wallop.
It is the first Oscar win for the 30-year-old performer, who was previously nominated in the best actress category for her turn as a middle-class drug addict in the 2008 drama Rachel Getting Married.
- Xan Brooks
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Will Tom Hardy Bring The Apocalypse For ‘X-Men’? (From The Hollywood News. 19 October 2014, 11:40 PM, PDT)
- Tom Hardy linked with X-Men: Apocalypse villain role (From Den of Geek. 19 October 2014, 10:59 PM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex – DC Cinematic Universe, Marvel’s Civil War, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Daredevil, X-Men: Apocalypse, Gambit and more (From Flickeringmyth. 18 October 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Action-Packed New TV Spot Released For Christopher Nolan's Interstellar (From ComicBookMovie. 19 October 2014, 3:22 PM, PDT)
- Thoughts I Had... The "Big Eyes" Poster (From FilmExperience. 19 October 2014, 6:16 AM, PDT)
- The Callow Way – Why Christopher Nolan is wrong (From Flickeringmyth. 19 October 2014, 1:21 AM, PDT)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- Once Upon A Time season 4 episode 4 review: The Apprentice (From Den of Geek. 19 October 2014, 11:33 PM, PDT)
- Once Upon a Time Recap: When Life Deals You a Bad Hand (From TVLine.com. 19 October 2014, 6:51 PM, PDT)
- Poster For Tim Burton's Big Eyes, with Amy Adams and Christoph Waltz (From Worst Previews. 18 October 2014, 5:25 AM, PDT)