Anne Hathaway's dream came true at the 85th Academy Awards as she took the stage to claim the best supporting actress Oscar for her role in Les Miserables.
Tom Hooper's adaptation of the hit stage musical cast her as the tragic Fantine, who loses her job as a seamstress and comes to a bad end by the city gates. Hathaway's anguished rendition of the song 'I Dreamed a Dream' provided the film with its main emotional wallop.
It is the first Oscar win for the 30-year-old performer, who was previously nominated in the best actress category for her turn as a middle-class drug addict in the 2008 drama Rachel Getting Married.
- Xan Brooks
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- News Shorts: July 25th 2016 (From Dark Horizons. 25 July 2016, 6:02 AM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2016: Watch the First Trailer for Kong: Skull Island (From DailyDead. 23 July 2016, 1:11 PM, PDT)
- Josh Stewart Joins ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ (From Variety - Film News. 22 July 2016, 5:18 PM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Nerve’ (From Variety - Film News. 26 July 2016, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Director/ writer/ actor Gary Marshall dies at age 81 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 22 July 2016, 9:49 PM, PDT)
- The BBC announces six-part adaptation of Les Miserables (From Flickeringmyth. 21 July 2016, 11:25 PM, PDT)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- 65 Wonderful Stills From Alice and Wonderland on Its 65th Anniversary (From E! Online. 26 July 2016, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Box Office Meltdown: Hollywood Races to Win Back Summer Crowds (From Variety - Film News. 26 July 2016, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- The Bfg towers over UK box office while Star Trek Beyond fails to prosper (From The Guardian - Film News. 26 July 2016, 5:19 AM, PDT)