Anne Hathaway's dream came true at the 85th Academy Awards as she took the stage to claim the best supporting actress Oscar for her role in Les Miserables.
Tom Hooper's adaptation of the hit stage musical cast her as the tragic Fantine, who loses her job as a seamstress and comes to a bad end by the city gates. Hathaway's anguished rendition of the song 'I Dreamed a Dream' provided the film with its main emotional wallop.
It is the first Oscar win for the 30-year-old performer, who was previously nominated in the best actress category for her turn as a middle-class drug addict in the 2008 drama Rachel Getting Married.
- Xan Brooks
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Watch the new trailer for Tom Hardy's Locke (From Flickeringmyth. 7 March 2014, 10:59 PM, PST)
- First trailer for Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller's Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (From Flickeringmyth. 7 March 2014, 7:17 AM, PST)
- ‘Locke’ Us Trailer: Tom Hardy Drives Towards Disaster (From Screen Rant. 7 March 2014, 7:12 AM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence's Oscar Date Talks About Her Star-Studded Night (From PEOPLE.com. 7 March 2014, 3:15 PM, PST)
- Oscars 2015: 5 early predictions for next year's nominations (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 7 March 2014, 9:37 AM, PST)
- “Scandal” 312 Recap: “We Do Not Touch the First Ladies” (From The Backlot. 7 March 2014, 8:01 AM, PST)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- The Trailer for Tracks, Starring Mia Wasikowska and Adam Driver (From Comingsoon.net. 7 March 2014)
- Updated: Stunning Mondo Posters Released For Disney Classics (From The Hollywood News. 6 March 2014, 2:30 PM, PST)
- Disney Interactive Lays Off 700 Employees (From Variety - Film News. 6 March 2014, 9:52 AM, PST)