Anne Hathaway's dream came true at the 85th Academy Awards as she took the stage to claim the best supporting actress Oscar for her role in Les Miserables.
Tom Hooper's adaptation of the hit stage musical cast her as the tragic Fantine, who loses her job as a seamstress and comes to a bad end by the city gates. Hathaway's anguished rendition of the song 'I Dreamed a Dream' provided the film with its main emotional wallop.
It is the first Oscar win for the 30-year-old performer, who was previously nominated in the best actress category for her turn as a middle-class drug addict in the 2008 drama Rachel Getting Married.
- Xan Brooks
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Tom Hardy to Endure the Antarctic in Biopic About Famed Explorer Ernest Shackleton (From Indiewire. 20 October 2016, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- Daniel Radcliffe in Imperium Available on Blu-Ray, DVD, and Digital HD November 1 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 19 October 2016, 7:37 PM, PDT)
- IMAX And Warner Bros. Pictures Extend Long-Term Partnership Also Includes More DC Films (From LatinoReview. 19 October 2016, 10:28 AM, PDT)
- Joss Whedon Talks Batman v Superman, Wonder Woman And Wanting To Direct Star Wars (From ComicBookMovie. 20 October 2016, 12:32 PM, PDT)
- Joss Whedon On His Next Project, Marvel & DC, And His Desire To Make A Star Wars Movie (From LatinoReview. 20 October 2016, 11:56 AM, PDT)
- ‘Workaholics’ Star Anders Holm to Topline Fox Comedy From Lee Eisenberg & Gene Stupnitsky (From Variety - TV News. 19 October 2016, 10:01 AM, PDT)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- Preview of The Electric Sublime #1 (From Flickeringmyth. 18 October 2016, 7:45 PM, PDT)
- “Follow The White Rabbit” In This New Gotham Trailer (From We Got This Covered. 18 October 2016, 9:37 AM, PDT)
- Westworld episode 3 review: The Stray (From Den of Geek. 16 October 2016, 7:17 PM, PDT)