Anne Hathaway's dream came true at the 85th Academy Awards as she took the stage to claim the best supporting actress Oscar for her role in Les Miserables.
Tom Hooper's adaptation of the hit stage musical cast her as the tragic Fantine, who loses her job as a seamstress and comes to a bad end by the city gates. Hathaway's anguished rendition of the song 'I Dreamed a Dream' provided the film with its main emotional wallop.
It is the first Oscar win for the 30-year-old performer, who was previously nominated in the best actress category for her turn as a middle-class drug addict in the 2008 drama Rachel Getting Married.
- Xan Brooks
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story video breaks down Ilm’s Oscar-nominated VFX work (From Flickeringmyth. 17 February 2017, 4:34 PM, PST)
- Check Out A New Trailer And Poster For Colossal Starring The Dark Knight Rises' Anne Hathaway (From ComicBookMovie. 16 February 2017, 10:18 AM, PST)
- Chuck Dixon And Graham Nolan Return For Bane: Conquest (From We Got This Covered. 15 February 2017, 10:55 AM, PST)
- Anne Hathaway is the Monster in the Trailer for Colossal (From Filmonic. 18 February 2017, 4:18 PM, PST)
- Don’t Expect Matt Damon To Have A Large Role In Ocean’s Eight (From We Got This Covered. 17 February 2017, 11:58 AM, PST)
- 'Colossal': Fan-Owned Company Helping Release Anne Hathaway's Monster Film (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 17 February 2017, 11:38 AM, PST)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- From Alice in Wonderland to Beauty and the Beast, here's your guide to Disney's live-action adaptations (From Cineplex. 20 February 2017, 7:50 AM, PST)
- Donald Glover Cast as Simba in Live-Action 'The Lion King' Remake (From Rolling Stone. 17 February 2017, 7:47 PM, PST)
- Another Batch Of Stunning Images For Disney’s Beauty And The Beast Has Arrived (From We Got This Covered. 17 February 2017, 6:07 AM, PST)