Anne Hathaway's dream came true at the 85th Academy Awards as she took the stage to claim the best supporting actress Oscar for her role in Les Miserables.
Tom Hooper's adaptation of the hit stage musical cast her as the tragic Fantine, who loses her job as a seamstress and comes to a bad end by the city gates. Hathaway's anguished rendition of the song 'I Dreamed a Dream' provided the film with its main emotional wallop.
It is the first Oscar win for the 30-year-old performer, who was previously nominated in the best actress category for her turn as a middle-class drug addict in the 2008 drama Rachel Getting Married.
- Xan Brooks
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- 'American Hustle's' Christian Bale says other actors ask him for weight loss advice (From Hitfix. 12 December 2013, 8:15 PM, PST)
- Photos: Hardy, Oldman In "Child 44" (From Dark Horizons. 12 December 2013, 4:05 PM, PST)
- Paul Rudd says Ant-Man casting is "all rumour" (From Flickeringmyth. 12 December 2013, 3:16 PM, PST)
- Official logo and website for Christopher Nolan's Interstellar (From Flickeringmyth. 12 December 2013, 3:17 PM, PST)
- New Rio 2 Trailer Flies Online (From EmpireOnline. 12 December 2013, 2:19 PM, PST)
- Anne Hathaway Supports Husband Adam Shulman's Jewelry Launch—Get the Scoop! (From E! Online. 12 December 2013, 2:16 PM, PST)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- Golden Globes Preview: Most Stacked Musical/Comedy Lineup Ever? (From Scott Feinberg. 11 December 2013, 1:46 PM, PST)
- Team Fyc: "Blue Jasmine" for Costume Design (From FilmExperience. 11 December 2013, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Watch The First Trailer For The Wachowski Brothers’ Jupiter Ascending (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 9 December 2013, 10:05 PM, PST)