Anne Hathaway's dream came true at the 85th Academy Awards as she took the stage to claim the best supporting actress Oscar for her role in Les Miserables.
Tom Hooper's adaptation of the hit stage musical cast her as the tragic Fantine, who loses her job as a seamstress and comes to a bad end by the city gates. Hathaway's anguished rendition of the song 'I Dreamed a Dream' provided the film with its main emotional wallop.
It is the first Oscar win for the 30-year-old performer, who was previously nominated in the best actress category for her turn as a middle-class drug addict in the 2008 drama Rachel Getting Married.
- Xan Brooks
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Movie Review – Magic Magic (2013) (From Flickeringmyth. 18 April 2014, 9:26 AM, PDT)
- Transcendence (From Scorecard Review. 18 April 2014, 7:31 AM, PDT)
- Locke review: riding in a car with a boy (From FlickFilosopher. 17 April 2014, 4:23 PM, PDT)
- The HeyUGuys Summer Preview – Interstellar (From HeyUGuys. 17 April 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Marvelous Da7e #41: Come With Me To Our Future Women Days (From LatinoReview. 16 April 2014, 10:17 AM, PDT)
- Celebs in '90s Fashion Trends: Kate Bosworth, Selena Gomez and More Stars Embrace Plaid, Floral Prints and Gothic Looks (From E! Online. 15 April 2014, 3:35 PM, PDT)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Another Head in Ongoing Career Shakeup (From TheImproper.com. 18 April 2014, 6:03 AM, PDT)
- First Featurette For Stromberg’s ‘Maleficent’ Starring Angelina Jolie & Elle Fanning (From The Hollywood News. 18 April 2014, 2:18 AM, PDT)
- ‘Transcendence’ a bland, low-key, and ultimately silly techno-thriller (From SoundOnSight. 17 April 2014, 9:05 PM, PDT)