Anne Hathaway's dream came true at the 85th Academy Awards as she took the stage to claim the best supporting actress Oscar for her role in Les Miserables.
Tom Hooper's adaptation of the hit stage musical cast her as the tragic Fantine, who loses her job as a seamstress and comes to a bad end by the city gates. Hathaway's anguished rendition of the song 'I Dreamed a Dream' provided the film with its main emotional wallop.
It is the first Oscar win for the 30-year-old performer, who was previously nominated in the best actress category for her turn as a middle-class drug addict in the 2008 drama Rachel Getting Married.
- Xan Brooks
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Preview of Dark Knight Universe Presents: The Atom #1 (From Flickeringmyth. 12 October 2015, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Preview of Dark Knight III: The Master Race #1 (From Flickeringmyth. 11 October 2015, 4:45 AM, PDT)
- New trailer for Martin Scorsese’s HBO show Vinyl (From Flickeringmyth. 7 October 2015, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Coats in Every Color! Celebs' Stunning Fall Outerwear (From E! Online. 12 October 2015, 4:05 PM, PDT)
- Anne Hathaway Sends Breakfast Back Four Times, Like a Badass Who Knows What She Wants (From Vulture. 12 October 2015, 9:48 AM, PDT)
- Anne Hathaway -- This Just Hen ... You Screwed Up My Eggs, 4 Times!!! (From TMZ. 11 October 2015, 1:00 AM, PDT)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- Fotosintesis’ ‘Angel’ Launches Cause-Driven Entertainment in Mexico (From Variety - Film News. 13 October 2015, 7:03 AM, PDT)
- Disney Plans Live-Action "Cruella de Vil" Movie (From Dark Horizons. 9 October 2015, 4:52 PM, PDT)
- Kelly Marcel set to pen Disney's live-action Cruella de Vil movie (From JoBlo. 9 October 2015, 3:17 PM, PDT)