Anne Hathaway's dream came true at the 85th Academy Awards as she took the stage to claim the best supporting actress Oscar for her role in Les Miserables.
Tom Hooper's adaptation of the hit stage musical cast her as the tragic Fantine, who loses her job as a seamstress and comes to a bad end by the city gates. Hathaway's anguished rendition of the song 'I Dreamed a Dream' provided the film with its main emotional wallop.
It is the first Oscar win for the 30-year-old performer, who was previously nominated in the best actress category for her turn as a middle-class drug addict in the 2008 drama Rachel Getting Married.
- Xan Brooks
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- First clips from Macbeth starring Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard (From Flickeringmyth. 22 May 2015, 6:13 AM, PDT)
- Win Mad Max: Fury Road Merchandise (From The Hollywood News. 21 May 2015, 3:38 AM, PDT)
- Suicide Squad movie: Everything you need to know about the members, cast, release date and more (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 20 May 2015, 5:55 AM, PDT)
- Reese Witherspoon, Neil Patrick Harris Among Celebs Supporting ‘Red Nose Day’ (From Variety - TV News. 21 May 2015, 6:16 PM, PDT)
- Anne Hathaway's 'Godzilla' Meets 'Lost In Translation' Movie 'Colossal' Sued For Referencing Gareth Edwards' 'Godzilla' (From The Playlist. 21 May 2015, 7:20 AM, PDT)
- Robert De Niro Will Be The Comedian For Mike Newell (From We Got This Covered. 21 May 2015, 7:11 AM, PDT)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- Reese Witherspoon to Star in Disney’s Live-Action Tinker Bell Film (From Variety - Film News. 21 May 2015, 3:21 PM, PDT)
- How the year 2012 helped redefine blockbuster movies (From Den of Geek. 20 May 2015, 11:43 AM, PDT)
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Recap: We Have a Winner! (From Moviefone. 20 May 2015, 4:30 AM, PDT)