Anne Hathaway's dream came true at the 85th Academy Awards as she took the stage to claim the best supporting actress Oscar for her role in Les Miserables.
Tom Hooper's adaptation of the hit stage musical cast her as the tragic Fantine, who loses her job as a seamstress and comes to a bad end by the city gates. Hathaway's anguished rendition of the song 'I Dreamed a Dream' provided the film with its main emotional wallop.
It is the first Oscar win for the 30-year-old performer, who was previously nominated in the best actress category for her turn as a middle-class drug addict in the 2008 drama Rachel Getting Married.
- Xan Brooks
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Filming on Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One is underway (From Flickeringmyth. 3 July 2015, 7:13 AM, PDT)
- Wonder Woman And Batman Know Each Other’s Secret Identities In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice (From We Got This Covered. 2 July 2015, 11:40 AM, PDT)
- Zack Snyder reveals Batman v Superman began life as an Easter Egg (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 2 July 2015, 10:12 AM, PDT)
- 'Lip Sync Battle' Is Back With Epic Lineup: Alison Brie, Justin Bieber, 'Empire' Cast (From Moviefone. 3 July 2015, 6:45 AM, PDT)
- Round-Up: Alleluia! The Devil’S Carnival Teasers, The Charnel House, Morituris Blu-ray / DVD Release Details (From DailyDead. 2 July 2015, 8:02 AM, PDT)
- Nerd Alert: Harry Potter Gets R Rated and Magic Mike Honest Trailer (From MovieWeb. 1 July 2015, 10:57 AM, PDT)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- What do the cast of Back to the Future look like now? Michael J Fox, Christopher Lloyd, more (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 3 July 2015, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark will make its Royal Albert Hall debut next spring (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 2 July 2015, 5:24 AM, PDT)
- Video: Imagineers Take Us On A Tour Of The Updated Magical Effects In Disneyland’s Peter Pan’s Flight (From Slash Film. 2 July 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)