Anne Hathaway's dream came true at the 85th Academy Awards as she took the stage to claim the best supporting actress Oscar for her role in Les Miserables.
Tom Hooper's adaptation of the hit stage musical cast her as the tragic Fantine, who loses her job as a seamstress and comes to a bad end by the city gates. Hathaway's anguished rendition of the song 'I Dreamed a Dream' provided the film with its main emotional wallop.
It is the first Oscar win for the 30-year-old performer, who was previously nominated in the best actress category for her turn as a middle-class drug addict in the 2008 drama Rachel Getting Married.
- Xan Brooks
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Gordon-Levitt Talks 'Sin City 2,' 'Sandman,' and More (From LatinoReview. 21 August 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Free Drawing: Win A Sin City 2: A Dame To Kill For Prize Bundle (From ComicBookMovie. 21 August 2014, 10:29 AM, PDT)
- That Time Tom Hardy Waved at a Bunch of Bridesmaids as Bane (From BuzzSugar. 21 August 2014, 8:13 AM, PDT)
- Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult Complete ''F--king Real'' Ice Bucket Challenge Together With ''Dirty Bath Water''—Watch! (From E! Online. 21 August 2014, 3:59 PM, PDT)
- Kristen Stewart Completes Her "F*cking Real" Ice Bucket Challenge (From Popsugar. 21 August 2014, 12:51 PM, PDT)
- Anne Hathaway Joins Instagram, Completes Als Ice Bucket Challenge: Watch Her, Shia Labeouf and More Get Wet! (From E! Online. 21 August 2014, 10:21 AM, PDT)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: 10 Things You Need to Know About the Comic-Book Sequel (From Moviefone. 21 August 2014, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- DVD Review – Tracks (2013) (From Flickeringmyth. 20 August 2014, 1:45 AM, PDT)
- Johnny Depp and Daughter Join Kevin Smith’s ‘Yoga Hosers’ (From Screen Rant. 19 August 2014, 7:21 PM, PDT)