And in the end, it was the movie with a snubbed director that took the top prize. Ben Affleck's "Argo" rocked the Academy Awards by winning the Best Picture of the year award. The biggest surprise for me was Ang Lee who went home with the Best Director trophy for "Life of Pi" while Steven Spielberg went home empty handed. His "Lincoln" still won two Academy Awards, one for Best Actor for the great Daniel Day-Lewis' fine performance as our beloved 16th President, and the other for production design.
Just as I predicted to the lovely Anne Hathaway three months ago, she went home with the Best Supporting Actress trophy for her brilliant performance as Fantine in "Les Miserables." This sort of is a blessing from the Academy as well for turning in a memorable Catwoman performance in Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises."
Jennifer Lawrence won (and fell, »
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Countdown to Man of Steel - Trailer 4, TV Spots, Posters, Powers and Respecting the S (From Flickeringmyth. 25 May 2013, 1:21 AM, PDT)
- Henry Cavill on the possibility of a Superman / Batman World's Finest movie (From Flickeringmyth. 24 May 2013, 4:27 PM, PDT)
- Man of Steel producer: 'Lois rescues Clark as much as he rescues her' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 24 May 2013, 9:05 AM, PDT)
- Doctor Who: 10 Ways An American Reboot Could Work (From Obsessed with Film. 25 May 2013, 10:09 AM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio refuses to allow anyone to photograph him in Cannes (From Hollywoodnews.com. 25 May 2013, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- Buzzmakers: Kellie Wins 'DWTS' & Janet Makes $1B (From Entertainment Tonight. 25 May 2013, 9:30 AM, PDT)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- The Week in Spandex - Man of Steel, Avengers vs X-Men, The Wolverine, Justice League, Iron Man 3 and more (From Flickeringmyth. 25 May 2013, 10:46 AM, PDT)
- Iron Man 3 Moves Ahead Of The Dark Knight Rises In All Time Box Office Earnings. (From ComicBookMovie. 24 May 2013, 12:47 PM, PDT)
- The Flickering Myth Reaction - Man of Steel Trailer #4 (From Flickeringmyth. 24 May 2013, 3:54 AM, PDT)