ABC’s broadcast of Sunday night’s Oscars opened with host Seth MacFarlane firing off a flurry of jokes ranging from funny to downright dry/borderline corny.
And that’s coming from me.
His riffs began soldily enough, starting with his mission statement “to make Tommy Lee Jones laugh” — which he thus did. After making a nod to acclaimed Argo helmer Ben Affleck’s lack of a best directing nom, MacFarlane slipped in a Good Will Hunting-esque, “It’s not your fault.” The host mocked how little an Oscar win can actually pay dividends, deadpanning how 2012′s Best Actor Jean Dujardin is “everywhere” now. »
- Matt Webb Mitovich
Similar News ItemsChanning Tatum
- 50 Best Films of 2014, Part 2 (From SoundOnSight. 28 December 2014, 10:35 AM, PST)
- Adam Sandler Named Most Overpaid Actor of 2014 (From MovieWeb. 24 December 2014, 10:25 AM, PST)
- Adam Sandler Is the Most Overpaid Actor for the Second Year in a Row (From Entertainment Tonight. 24 December 2014, 7:27 AM, PST)
- ‘Hobbit’, ‘Exodus’ Lead XMas Frame; Euro, Korea Pics Boom Locally: Intl Bo Update (From Deadline New York. 29 December 2014, 2:10 AM, PST)
- Forget Lex Luthor! It's Superman vs Tony Stark In This Superb Fan-Made Trailer (From ComicBookMovie. 28 December 2014, 4:43 AM, PST)
- "Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice" - Close On The 'Bat-Suit' (From SneakPeek. 27 December 2014, 10:17 PM, PST)
- The Year In Celebrity Feminism (From VH1.com. 26 December 2014, 7:00 AM, PST)
- ‘The Interview’ Review: Seth Rogen & James Franco’s Christmas Turkey (From Deadline New York. 25 December 2014, 5:35 AM, PST)
- Movie News: Breathtaking New Peek at Joseph Gordon-Levitt in 'The Walk' (From Movies.com. 24 December 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)