Could a former star of "American Idol" be about to show up on "Dancing with the Stars"? According to casting rumors, Season 16 may represent the first competitive crossover between two of TV's biggest reality stars. Who will dance on the ballroom floor?
A report from TMZ.com says that the first "DWTS" "Idol" contestant is Kellie Pickler from Season 5 of the Fox singing competition. If the country-singing lady does indeed join the "Dancing" cast, she will be the first such contestant to cross over to ABC's signature reality show.
Who else might be joining Kellie on the ballroom stage? Other rumored celebrities hoping for a chance at the Mirror Ball Trophy include the most recent star of "The Bachelor," Sean Lowe, country singer Wynonna Judd and Aly Raisman, one of the young gymnasts from the 2012 gold-medal winning Olympic team. Another veteran from the "Bachelor" franchise, the most recent "Bachelorette" star, »
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Carrie Underwood Forgets Husband Mike Fisher's Twitter Handle on Fourth Wedding Anniversary (From Us Weekly. 11 July 2014, 2:24 AM, PDT)
- Dave Grohl Takes Dig at ‘Song Contests’ During HBO's ‘Sonic Highways’ Panel (From The Wrap. 10 July 2014, 5:13 PM, PDT)
- Carrie Underwood & Mike Fisher: 4 Happy Years in Photos (From PEOPLE.com. 10 July 2014, 4:45 PM, PDT)
"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- ABC 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 7/13/14] (From TVSeriesFinale. 13 July 2014, 3:20 PM, PDT)
- How exploitative reality TV transforms the lives of its participants (From The Guardian - TV News. 12 July 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Cheryl Burke Slams Plastic Surgery Rumors (From Access Hollywood. 11 July 2014, 12:14 PM, PDT)
"Good Morning America" (1975)
- SAG-aftra Board Approves New Movie-tv Contract, Triggering Ratification Vote (From Variety - Film News. 12 July 2014, 11:06 PM, PDT)
- Keith Urban Kicks Off New Tour at Good Morning America (watch!) (From TheImproper.com. 11 July 2014, 11:10 AM, PDT)
- World Cup: U.S. Captain Clint Dempsey Weighs in On Final Game (Video) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 10 July 2014, 11:47 AM, PDT)