Excerpting their recent interview with "Sinister" director Scott Derrickson and his co-writer C. Robert Cargill, Crave Online got the duo to talk a bit about their ambitions for the planned "Deus Ex" adaptation, which is being based on "Deus Ex: Human Revolution."
Discussing how they want to make a cyberpunk movie and not a video game movie--that's from novelist/screenwriter Cargill--the filmmakers described "Deus Ex" as being in the mold of recent breakout sci-fi hits like "Looper," "District 9," and "Inception."
Those are three very different movies aesthetically and thematically, but I kind of get what Cargill is getting at in the quote. He also calls out bombs "New Rose Hotel" (Christopher Walken, Asia Argento, and Willem Dafoe overacting at each other) and "Johnny Mnemonic" as potential landmines, so it's nice to see the two of them are aware of how throwing the term "cyberpunk" at a bunch of half-baked »
- Charles Webb
Similar News ItemsDistrict 9 (2009)
- Bunker Blueprint: Sentient Robots Fight Uprising in David Karlak's Rise (From QuietEarth. 25 July 2014, 10:22 AM, PDT)
- Chappie Finally Revealed on New Comic-Con Teaser and Banner (From Horror Asylum. 25 July 2014)
- Poster for Chappie Robot Film, with Sharlto Copley and Hugh Jackman (From Worst Previews. 25 July 2014, 2:40 AM, PDT)
- Interview – Wamg Talks To Guardians Of The Galaxy Composer Tyler Bates (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 28 July 2014, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- The Fault in Our Stars Blu-ray and DVD details released (From Flickeringmyth. 28 July 2014, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's ‘A Most Wanted Man’ Takes Off at Specialty Box Office (From The Wrap. 27 July 2014, 11:05 AM, PDT)
- Breaking Bad's Giancarlo Esposito cast in musical drama Stuck (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 29 July 2014, 10:03 PM, PDT)
- Disney's Jungle Book Snares Christopher Walken And Giancarlo Esposito (From Cinema Blend. 29 July 2014, 1:54 PM, PDT)
- Walken in the jungle and 2 Chainz is a zombie plus the rest of today's breaking pop culture news (From The Guardian - TV News. 29 July 2014, 8:58 AM, PDT)