With eleven nominations under its belt, there was little doubt that The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 was going to be in for a rough ride last night as the Magicopolis theater in Santa Monica, California played host to the 33rd Golden Raspberry Awards - a.k.a. The Razzies - which celebrates that absolute worst in cinematic achievement from the past twelve months.
The final instalment of The Twilight Saga received seven awards in total: Worst Picture, Worst Director (Bill Condon), Worst Actress (Kristen Stewart, shared with Snow White and the Huntsman), Worst Supporting Actor (Taylor Lautner), Worst Screen Ensemble, Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel and Worst Screen Couple (Mackenzie Foy and Taylor Lautner). Perhaps the Razzies took the opportunity to 'honour' the Twilight franchise as a whole, much like the Academy Awards did with The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King back in 2004?
Despite its dominance, »
- Flickering Myth
Similar News ItemsKristen Stewart (I)
- Female-Driven Movies Make Money, So Why Aren’t More Being Made? (From Variety - Film News. 6 October 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Mad Max: Fury Road director George Miller turned down live-action Akira remake (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 6 October 2015, 3:25 AM, PDT)
- Remember When Everyone Was Reading Twilight and Vampires Were Suddenly Sexy? (From E! Online. 5 October 2015, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- A Totally Honest Retelling of What Happened in Twilight (From BuzzSugar. 6 October 2015, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- 'Twilight' Character Gender Flip! (From Access Hollywood. 6 October 2015, 6:59 AM, PDT)
- Major film fraud trial underway (From ScreenDaily. 6 October 2015, 5:55 AM, PDT)
Jennifer Lopez (I)
- How Women in Hollywood Are Finally Taking a Stand Against Sexism (From Variety - Film News. 6 October 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Empire First Look: Adam Rodriguez Enters Cookie's Lair (From TVLine.com. 6 October 2015, 8:59 AM, PDT)
- Win Dance Again on DVD (From HeyUGuys. 6 October 2015, 5:44 AM, PDT)