Every year, someone spends hours coming up with an articulate explanation for why they hate the Oscars, and everyone rolls their eyes, tuts and tunes in to the annual ceremony anyway. It’s all just empty bluster after all – the moans of an entitled few who think they know better?
Well, no quite frankly. Every year the Academy gives us further reasons not to pay attention to their opinions, making something of a mockery of their status as the biggest event on the film calendar, and yet we all still sit up with our popcorn to watch who they have chosen to tell us are the best talents and films of the year.
This isn’t an exercise in shallow Academy bashing, and to prove it, we’ve come up with 30 reasons you should hate the Oscars…
30. Manipulating The Best Director Category
Every single Oscar year ends up being discussed »
- Simon Gallagher
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Oscars: Clint Eastwood, Steven Spielberg, Ridley Scott Race to the Finish (From Variety - Film News. 18 August 2017, 12:04 PM, PDT)
- Patty Jenkins in Final Talks to Direct “Wonder Woman 2” (From Women and Hollywood. 18 August 2017, 11:01 AM, PDT)
- Emmys Flashback: Steven Spielberg's 'Amazing Stories' Earned 10 Noms in 1986 (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 18 August 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Rumor: Zack Snyder Returning To Finish Off Justice League (From We Got This Covered. 18 August 2017, 4:13 PM, PDT)
- Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor: Vegas Hot Spots Spar for Coolest Celebrity Parties (From The Wrap. 18 August 2017, 4:08 PM, PDT)
- Justice League to Kill Off a Major Character, Is It Batman? (From MovieWeb. 18 August 2017, 3:02 PM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio Will Play Leonardo da Vinci in Biopic (From TVovermind.com. 18 August 2017, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- 16 Fun Ways You Can Dress Up as Leonardo DiCaprio For Halloween (From Popsugar. 18 August 2017, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- 'Logan Lucky': The Six Things You Need to Make a Perfect Heist Film (From Rolling Stone. 18 August 2017, 6:39 AM, PDT)