Every year, someone spends hours coming up with an articulate explanation for why they hate the Oscars, and everyone rolls their eyes, tuts and tunes in to the annual ceremony anyway. It’s all just empty bluster after all – the moans of an entitled few who think they know better?
Well, no quite frankly. Every year the Academy gives us further reasons not to pay attention to their opinions, making something of a mockery of their status as the biggest event on the film calendar, and yet we all still sit up with our popcorn to watch who they have chosen to tell us are the best talents and films of the year.
This isn’t an exercise in shallow Academy bashing, and to prove it, we’ve come up with 30 reasons you should hate the Oscars…
30. Manipulating The Best Director Category
Every single Oscar year ends up being discussed »
- Simon Gallagher
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- ‘Indiana Jones’ Animated Series Intro: Watch the Amazing Fan-Made Cartoon (From Indiewire. 30 September 2016, 9:18 AM, PDT)
- ‘Indiana Jones’ Animated Series Intro: Watch the Amazing Fan-Made Cartoon (From Indiewire Television. 30 September 2016, 9:18 AM, PDT)
- Why Movies Keep Going Back to the Holocaust (From Indiewire. 30 September 2016, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Ben Affleck On His Kids Meeting Taylor Swift: ‘It Was Like God Came Down And Walked On Water’ (From ET Canada. 30 September 2016, 3:17 PM, PDT)
- Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice Limited Edition Box Set Coming This Holiday Season (From We Got This Covered. 30 September 2016, 10:13 AM, PDT)
- Zack Snyder Teases Deathstroke in ‘Justice League’ Set Photo (From Slash Film. 30 September 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Pam Abdy Stepping Down as New Regency Production Chief (From Variety - Film News. 30 September 2016, 2:15 PM, PDT)
- Man Who Pirated ‘The Revenant’ Ordered to Pay $1.1 Million to 20th Century Fox (From Variety - Film News. 30 September 2016, 9:41 AM, PDT)
- All Time Greatest Movies About Money (From AreYouScreening. 29 September 2016, 11:14 AM, PDT)