Every year, someone spends hours coming up with an articulate explanation for why they hate the Oscars, and everyone rolls their eyes, tuts and tunes in to the annual ceremony anyway. It’s all just empty bluster after all – the moans of an entitled few who think they know better?
Well, no quite frankly. Every year the Academy gives us further reasons not to pay attention to their opinions, making something of a mockery of their status as the biggest event on the film calendar, and yet we all still sit up with our popcorn to watch who they have chosen to tell us are the best talents and films of the year.
This isn’t an exercise in shallow Academy bashing, and to prove it, we’ve come up with 30 reasons you should hate the Oscars…
30. Manipulating The Best Director Category
Every single Oscar year ends up being discussed »
- Simon Gallagher
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Sony Distribution Chief Rory Bruer Retires After 40 Years at Studio (From Variety - Film News. 27 April 2017, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- It could only happen in the movies, or could it? Cinematic Depictions of Real Life Tragedies (From HeyUGuys. 27 April 2017, 5:39 AM, PDT)
- Guardians of the Galaxy and Its Exploitation Influences (From Flickeringmyth. 27 April 2017, 4:15 AM, PDT)
- The Flash: Robert Zemeckis Reportedly In Talks To Direct The DC Film! (From LRM Online. 27 April 2017, 1:18 PM, PDT)
- Wolfgang Puck Dishes on His Walk of Fame Honor (From Variety - TV News. 26 April 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Ranking The 8 Actors Who’ve Played Batman (From We Got This Covered. 26 April 2017, 7:02 AM, PDT)
- Watch George Clooney Time-Travel Through the Most Iconic Movie Scenes in New Nespresso Ad (From PEOPLE.com. 26 April 2017, 6:02 AM, PDT)
- Movie News: Scorsese, DiCaprio, De Niro Touted for 'Killers of the Flower Moon'; Margot Robbie to Play Queen Elizabeth (From Movies.com. 24 April 2017, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- 9 Fun Facts About Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire's 30-Year Friendship (From Popsugar. 24 April 2017, 2:20 PM, PDT)