Every year, someone spends hours coming up with an articulate explanation for why they hate the Oscars, and everyone rolls their eyes, tuts and tunes in to the annual ceremony anyway. It’s all just empty bluster after all – the moans of an entitled few who think they know better?
Well, no quite frankly. Every year the Academy gives us further reasons not to pay attention to their opinions, making something of a mockery of their status as the biggest event on the film calendar, and yet we all still sit up with our popcorn to watch who they have chosen to tell us are the best talents and films of the year.
This isn’t an exercise in shallow Academy bashing, and to prove it, we’ve come up with 30 reasons you should hate the Oscars…
30. Manipulating The Best Director Category
Every single Oscar year ends up being discussed »
- Simon Gallagher
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Bridge of Spies movie review: the lawyer who went out in the Cold War (From FlickFilosopher. 27 November 2015, 9:18 AM, PST)
- Ventana Sur: Wide Takes ‘Pseudonym’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 27 November 2015, 5:58 AM, PST)
- 10 Movies Which Were Completely Changed After Test Screenings (From Obsessed with Film. 27 November 2015, 5:22 AM, PST)
- The Awards Show Show: Talking Creed's Rise, Uncertainty Surrounding The Danish Girl, and Leo's Chances (From Vulture. 25 November 2015, 7:51 PM, PST)
- Oscar predictions smackdown: Sasha Stone vs Tom O'Neil (podcast)' (From Gold Derby. 25 November 2015, 4:47 PM, PST)
- Alejandro G. Inarritu ('The Revenant'): Will he be first director since 1950 to win back-to-back Oscars? (From Gold Derby. 25 November 2015, 3:15 PM, PST)
- 7 Over-Looked Hints That Suicide Squad Will Be Awesome (From Obsessed with Film. 27 November 2015, 4:20 AM, PST)
- News Shorts: Thanksgiving 2015 Edition (From Dark Horizons. 26 November 2015, 8:55 PM, PST)
- Ben Affleck Is Feeling Lots of Pressure for Batman v Superman to Be Good (From Vulture. 25 November 2015, 9:26 PM, PST)