Every year, someone spends hours coming up with an articulate explanation for why they hate the Oscars, and everyone rolls their eyes, tuts and tunes in to the annual ceremony anyway. It’s all just empty bluster after all – the moans of an entitled few who think they know better?
Well, no quite frankly. Every year the Academy gives us further reasons not to pay attention to their opinions, making something of a mockery of their status as the biggest event on the film calendar, and yet we all still sit up with our popcorn to watch who they have chosen to tell us are the best talents and films of the year.
This isn’t an exercise in shallow Academy bashing, and to prove it, we’ve come up with 30 reasons you should hate the Oscars…
30. Manipulating The Best Director Category
Every single Oscar year ends up being discussed »
- Simon Gallagher
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Steven Spielberg’s The Bfg officially announced for 2016 (From Flickeringmyth. 13 July 2014, 1:20 AM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2014 Schedule for Saturday, July 26th (From MovieWeb. 12 July 2014, 11:52 AM, PDT)
- Helen Mirren: I Got 'Queenitis' When I Met the Real Queen (From PEOPLE.com. 12 July 2014, 10:35 AM, PDT)
- Annapurna Pictures Comes Onboard "Revenant" (From Dark Horizons. 11 July 2014, 5:06 PM, PDT)
- Megan Ellison May Need to Save Inarritu's 'Revenant' Starring DiCaprio & Hardy (From Rope Of Silicon. 11 July 2014, 4:12 PM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s Survival Drama ‘The Revenant’ Attracts Megan Ellison’s Annapurna (From Variety - Film News. 11 July 2014, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- Kickstarter Planned For Batkid Begins Documentary (From ComicBookMovie. 13 July 2014, 4:33 AM, PDT)
- Did A "Historic" Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice Photo Shoot Take Place Today? (From ComicBookMovie. 12 July 2014, 8:25 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive Interview With Joe Berlinger On Whitey: United States Of America V. James J. Bulger (From We Got This Covered. 12 July 2014, 5:58 PM, PDT)