Amir here. There are two days left until the Oscars, but no doubt as to what name is called when the final envelope is opened at the ceremony. Argo has become a juggernaut, steamrolling through the reason with one industry award after another and is now undoubtedly in the driver's seat. As is par for the annual course, in the past few weeks, Affleck’s film has been subjected to more criticism than it probably deserves. A film that was once a successful crowd-pleaser, a surprising box-office sensation, a well-made, old-fashioned thriller, is now being touted as the best of the year by the Academy most of us hold in high regard, so naturally expectations have dramatically skyrocketed.
Recently I rewatched it, hoping to reconsider my initial opinion of the film and find the spark it’d been missing the first time around. It’s not that I disliked Argo then. »
- Amir S.
Similar News ItemsBen Affleck
- John Cena, Casey Affleck, Emma Stone to Host ‘SNL’ This Month (From Variety - TV News. 2 December 2016, 1:41 PM, PST)
- Casey Affleck & John Cena To Host ‘SNL’ Shows This Month (From Deadline TV. 2 December 2016, 1:25 PM, PST)
- Casey Affleck and John Cena Tapped to Host 'Saturday Night Live' (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 2 December 2016, 1:14 PM, PST)
- Mfr Explores The Dceu's Road To Ruin: Column #5 (From LRM Online. 2 December 2016, 9:09 AM, PST)
- Your Oscar Frontrunners Are ‘Manchester,’ ‘Moonlight’ and ‘La La Land’: Critics’ Groups Weigh In (From Indiewire. 2 December 2016, 8:02 AM, PST)
- SAG Awards Put Ensembles in the Spotlight (From Variety - Film News. 29 November 2016, 10:00 AM, PST)