Irish industry bash sees Lincoln director make an appearance, Farrell receive an honour and Warren Beatty slip in amid the hubbub
It's the week when Hollywood toasts the stars and acclaims their incandescence but a pre-Oscars party under cold moonlight can also reveal the melancholy when the glow threatens to fade. Hundreds of writers, actors, producers, technicians and directors gathered at Jj Abrams' studio on Thursday night for one of multiple film industry shindigs on the eve of Sunday's ceremony, to celebrate success and, in some cases, rue the shadows.
Abrams, soon to unveil one blockbuster before plunging into another franchise, radiated energy. "Star Wars? The opportunities for characters and plots are endless but I can't really talk about it yet," he said, posing for a phalanx of cameras. "Really the focus for now is Star Trek."
Star Trek into Darkness opens in May, after which the director-producer will »
- Rory Carroll
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Superhero Bits: Batman v Superman, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, Fantastic Four, Agents of Shield (From Slash Film. 1 October 2014, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- The Snap: 19 Beautiful Things Donald Trump Looks Like (From Hitfix. 1 October 2014, 5:50 PM, PDT)
- Page 2: Transformers, Big Lebowski, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Netflix, Despicable Me, Doctor Who, Bond, Breaking Bad, Taxi Driver (From Slash Film. 1 October 2014, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- First Look: Bradley Cooper In Clint Eastwood’s 'American Sniper' (From The Playlist. 1 October 2014, 4:04 PM, PDT)
- First American Sniper Images Reveal a Bulky Bradley Cooper in Clint Eastwood’s Military Drama (From Collider.com. 1 October 2014, 3:57 PM, PDT)
- Updated: So Maybe 'Indiana Jones 5' is Happeningc (From Rope Of Silicon. 1 October 2014, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Leaked 'Star Wars 7' Footage Reveals Luke Skywalker's Refuge? (From MovieWeb. 1 October 2014, 4:35 PM, PDT)
- A Star Wars 7 Character Will Live Inside This Epic Empire Strikes Back Vehicle (From Cinema Blend. 1 October 2014, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- Ben Affleck on the Batman V Superman and Star Wars Hijinks (From GeekTyrant. 1 October 2014, 3:37 PM, PDT)