Feature James Clayton 22 Feb 2013 - 06:46
With Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters out soon, James salutes the fact that, in cinema, no myth, legend or fairytale is sacred...
Once upon a time, Hansel and Gretel were held captive in the gingerbread house of a horrible witch who successfully lured them in with a trail of breadcrumbs. All had seemed sweet and innocent, but the siblings soon discovered that their elderly hostess was actually an evil terror with cannibalistic tendencies eager to fatten them up and eat them. It’s basically an ancient version of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre with a German forest setting and a miserable short-sighted spinster on a sugar rush in place of a power tool-toting Leatherface.
Fortunately, Hansel and Gretel managed to outwit the blind hag and escape after locking her in her own oven. They got out of the dark dangerous woods and the folk legend ends, »
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Today in Movie Culture: 'Mad Max' Black Friday Parody, Kevin Smith On Everything Wrong With 'Star Wars' and More (From Movies.com. 27 November 2015, 9:30 PM, PST)
- Bridge of Spies writer Matt Charman – Exclusive Interview (From Flickeringmyth. 27 November 2015, 3:21 PM, PST)
- Daily Dead’s 2015 Holiday Gift Guide & Giveaways: Day Two- More Black Friday Deals & Gift Ideas for Everyone! (From DailyDead. 27 November 2015, 3:19 PM, PST)
- New Captain America Civil War First Movie Trailer Hit The Net (From OnTheFlix. 27 November 2015, 12:14 PM, PST)
- The Russos talk Captain America: Civil War (From Flickeringmyth. 26 November 2015, 9:59 AM, PST)
- "Captain America: Civil War" - Close On 'Crossbones' (From SneakPeek. 26 November 2015, 8:05 AM, PST)
- Quentin Tarantino promises one helluva roadshow for 'The Hateful Eight' (From Hitfix. 27 November 2015, 3:23 PM, PST)
- Brillante Mendoza’s Singular Voice (From Variety - Film News. 26 November 2015, 3:45 PM, PST)
- Will Smith turned down Django Unchained as he wanted “a love story, not a vengeance story” (From Flickeringmyth. 26 November 2015, 12:20 PM, PST)