Yet again, the box office is headed for a slow weekend, marking what has become a rather distressing trend for the film industry in 2013. Granted, it’s Oscar weekend this time around — so at least Hollywood has a good excuse.
Here’s how the weekend box office may shake out:
1. Identity Thief – $14 million
The Melissa McCarthy/Jason Bateman comedy is already the highest grossing film of 2013, and it may climb from No. 2 to No. 1 in its third frame. With no new comedies entering the marketplace, Identity Thief should fall by about 40 percent to $14 million — good for an $95 million total.
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsBruce Willis
- Movie Review – Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014) (From Flickeringmyth. 29 August 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Movie Review – Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014) (From Flickeringmyth. 27 August 2014, 7:39 AM, PDT)
- Venice Film Review: ‘Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)’ (From Variety - Film News. 27 August 2014, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- Peter Travers Takes on Ninja Turtles, Stallone and the Worst Movies of August (From Rolling Stone. 28 August 2014, 12:25 PM, PDT)
- ‘Lucy’ Tops Foreign Box Office, ‘Guardians’ Nears $500 Million Worldwide (From Variety - Film News. 24 August 2014, 4:09 PM, PDT)
- Sunday Quiz – Do You Know Your Sin City Characters? (From Flickeringmyth. 24 August 2014, 4:26 AM, PDT)
Paranormal Activity (2007)
- Review: As Above, So Below (From LatinoReview. 29 August 2014, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Beth Riesgraf Has Become a Shut In (From Dread Central. 29 August 2014, 11:51 AM, PDT)
- Review: Underground Found Footage Horror Movie 'As Above, So Below' (From The Playlist. 29 August 2014, 10:40 AM, PDT)