Yet again, the box office is headed for a slow weekend, marking what has become a rather distressing trend for the film industry in 2013. Granted, it’s Oscar weekend this time around — so at least Hollywood has a good excuse.
Here’s how the weekend box office may shake out:
1. Identity Thief – $14 million
The Melissa McCarthy/Jason Bateman comedy is already the highest grossing film of 2013, and it may climb from No. 2 to No. 1 in its third frame. With no new comedies entering the marketplace, Identity Thief should fall by about 40 percent to $14 million — good for an $95 million total.
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsBruce Willis
- Respect for Tom Cruise (From Flickeringmyth. 1 August 2015, 10:11 AM, PDT)
- Billy Bob Thornton: The Hollywood Flashback Interview (From The Hollywood Interview. 24 July 2015, 5:11 PM, PDT)
- Demi Moore Bonds With Daughters in NYC After Pool Tragedy: Picture (From Us Weekly. 24 July 2015, 2:50 AM, PDT)
- How Lucy Ricardo Gave Birth to ‘Mission: Impossible’ (From Variety - Film News. 31 July 2015, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- Michael Mann, George Miller, Sylvester Stallone to Appear on El Rey’s ‘The Director’s Chair’ (From The Wrap. 30 July 2015, 2:37 PM, PDT)
- 10 Film And TV Characters That Racked Up Massive Body Counts (From Obsessed with Film. 29 July 2015, 5:32 AM, PDT)
- "Ghostbusters" Costumes Revealed (From SneakPeek. 2 August 2015, 2:06 PM, PDT)
- The New Ghostbusters Made a Surprise Hospital Visit - in Full Costume! (From Popsugar. 2 August 2015, 1:10 PM, PDT)
- New ‘Ghostbusters’ Show Off Second Proton Pack While Visiting Children’s Hospital (From Slash Film. 2 August 2015, 12:32 PM, PDT)