Yet again, the box office is headed for a slow weekend, marking what has become a rather distressing trend for the film industry in 2013. Granted, it’s Oscar weekend this time around — so at least Hollywood has a good excuse.
Here’s how the weekend box office may shake out:
1. Identity Thief – $14 million
The Melissa McCarthy/Jason Bateman comedy is already the highest grossing film of 2013, and it may climb from No. 2 to No. 1 in its third frame. With no new comedies entering the marketplace, Identity Thief should fall by about 40 percent to $14 million — good for an $95 million total.
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsBruce Willis
- Summit Already Planning 'Red 3' Before 'Red 2' Even Opens, Because Old People With Guns Is Always Funny (From The Playlist. 20 May 2013, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- The 9 Worst Nude Scenes in Movies (From NextMovie. 20 May 2013, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Action-Packed 5-Minute Trailer for Batman: Arkham Origins Game (From Beyond Hollywood. 20 May 2013, 8:52 AM, PDT)
- Rare Footage of Sylvester Stallone and Carl Weathers Training For Rocky (From GeekTyrant. 20 May 2013, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Jackie Chan talks The Expendables 3 and Rush Hour 4 (From Flickeringmyth. 20 May 2013, 3:06 PM, PDT)
- Sylvester Stallone Hitting Up Steven Seagal For The Expendables 3 (From We Got This Covered. 20 May 2013, 2:03 PM, PDT)
Paranormal Activity (2007)
- The Nzfc and Dark Sky Films Want to Make My Horror Movie (From Dread Central. 20 May 2013, 11:45 AM, PDT)
- Cannes 2013 Announcements: Cold Blooded, Newcomers, Make My Horror Movie (From DailyDead. 20 May 2013, 11:36 AM, PDT)
- Want to Be One of the First to See The Purge? We're Giving Away Tickets! (From Dread Central. 20 May 2013, 7:00 AM, PDT)