Yet again, the box office is headed for a slow weekend, marking what has become a rather distressing trend for the film industry in 2013. Granted, it’s Oscar weekend this time around — so at least Hollywood has a good excuse.
Here’s how the weekend may play out:
1. Identity Thief – $14 million
The Melissa McCarthy/Jason Bateman comedy is already the highest grossing film of 2013, and it may climb from No. 2 to No. 1 in its third frame. With no new comedies entering the marketplace, Identity Thief should fall by about 40 percent to $14 million — good for an $85 million total.
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsBruce Willis
- Is The Flash's Ronnie Doomed? Which Superhero Finale Was Best? Hypocrisy on Bachelorette? And More TV Qs (From TVLine.com. 22 May 2015, 10:48 AM, PDT)
- Gérard Depardieu discusses Russia in Cannes: 'If Crimea had been American it would have been a different matter' (From The Guardian - Film News. 22 May 2015, 5:50 AM, PDT)
- Rolling Stones Gear Up for New Tour With Surprise La Show (video) (From TheImproper.com. 21 May 2015, 10:07 AM, PDT)
- Sylvester Stallone to Salman Khan: We should do an action film together (From GlamSham. 22 May 2015, 7:33 AM, PDT)
- The UnPopular Opinion: The Expendables (From JoBlo. 20 May 2015, 5:01 PM, PDT)
- Ufc's Anderson Silva -- Jon Jones Shouldn't Return ... He Needs to Change His Life (From TMZ. 18 May 2015, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA (From Deadline. 22 May 2015, 5:30 PM, PDT)
- Amy Schumer to Co-Write, Star in Mother-Daughter Comedy for Fox (From Collider.com. 22 May 2015, 10:51 AM, PDT)
- Amy Schumer And Bridesmaids' Director Are Joining Forces (From Cinema Blend. 22 May 2015, 10:50 AM, PDT)