More bad news for NBC: The one-time No. 1 network has fallen to fifth place in the Nielsen TV ratings during the important February sweeps period, according to Deadline.com.
Sweeps occurs three times for four-week periods each year, when networks inundate TV audiences with hairpin plot turns, tear-inducing weddings, jaw-dropping deaths and more major moments all in the hopes of giving their ratings a vital boost during the critical periods when Nielsen surveys the country's TV viewing habits.
The Peacock network started the TV season off strong with hits like "Revolution" and "The Voice" and even won November sweeps. But once those shows went into hiatus in November and December respectively, NBC's numbers quickly crumbled. Deadline reports that during the February sweeps period, NBC has averaged a 1.2 rating in the key 18-49 advertising demographic, while Univision has brought in a 1.5 rating. It's a far cry from NBC's reign at the top in November, »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- Chew animation announced with Felicia Day, Steven Yeun (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 23 April 2014, 1:35 AM, PDT)
- Steven Yuen & Felicia Day ‘Chew’ On Voice Roles (From The Hollywood News. 22 April 2014, 11:12 PM, PDT)
- Yeun, Day Voice Comic Adaptation "Chew" (From Dark Horizons. 22 April 2014, 9:12 PM, PDT)
"The Big Bang Theory" (2007)
- Joss Whedon, Ron Moore, Steven Moffat in Showrunners documentary trailer (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 23 April 2014, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- CBS 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 4/22/14] (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 April 2014, 2:26 PM, PDT)
- Hot Clip: TV Creators Get Their Close-Up In Docu ‘Showrunners’ (From Deadline TV. 22 April 2014, 2:22 PM, PDT)
"Go On" (2012)
- Movie Review – Afternoon Delight (2013) (From Flickeringmyth. 20 April 2014, 2:20 AM, PDT)
- The smell of Britishness: TV's obsession with capturing UK quirks (From The Guardian - TV News. 14 April 2014, 6:27 AM, PDT)
- Bagged and Boarded Comic Reviews: Classic Creepy, Dredd, Walking Dead and More! (From FEARnet. 11 April 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)