By Joseph Leray
Capcom’s decision to port “Resident Evil: Revelations HD” to consoles and PC was made “after the 3Ds launch and after we received fan and critic feedback on the game,” the game’s producer Tsukasa Takenaka recently told Joystiq.
“When we worked on the 3Ds version, we were completely targeting the 3Ds. We didn't start in HD, scale down, and now we're scaling up,” Takenaka noted, explaining that it would have been impossible to develop a console version of “Revelations” alongside the once-exclusive 3Ds game.
When it became clear that some “Resident Evil” fans didn’t own a 3Ds, or simply wanted to explore the infested Queen Zenobia on the big screen, Capcom began development on “Resident Evil: Revelations HD,” continuing an audience-friendly streak from the Japanese publisher. They recently promised more “focused” titles in the future, “as opposed to trying to be all things for all people. »
- MTV Video Games
Similar News ItemsResident Evil (2002)
- 6 Highly Anticipated Video Games Still To Come In 2017 (From We Got This Covered. 17 August 2017, 10:40 AM, PDT)
- Hellboy reboot casts Sasha Lane as Alice Monaghan (From Flickeringmyth. 16 August 2017, 3:50 AM, PDT)
- American Honey Breakout Sasha Lane In Contention For Hellboy Reboot (From We Got This Covered. 15 August 2017, 2:36 PM, PDT)
- Digital Shorts: ‘I and Me’ Review (Nintendo Switch) (From Blogomatic3000. 10 July 2017, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- The Witness Review: A Maze Of Exploration (From TheHDRoom. 16 September 2016, 10:05 PM, PDT)
- The Witness Confirmed For September Release On Xbox One (From We Got This Covered. 23 August 2016, 11:23 AM, PDT)
Christian Svensson (I)
- RiME Re-Emerges With a Swanky New Trailer (From Cinelinx. 4 January 2017, 9:54 AM, PST)
- Capcom Fires Senior VP (From We Got This Covered. 11 July 2013, 10:37 PM, PDT)
- Next 'Resident Evil' Needs More 'Focus' (From MTV Multiplayer. 15 February 2013, 8:10 AM, PST)