So, last night proved once again that it takes a singular person to pull off the trick of hosting the British music industry's biggest night of back-slapping.
No doubt the multi-pronged whammy of bowing to the talents on display, conveying the atmosphere to a live television audience, sharing with the viewers a big broadside wink at all the ego-riddled feathers flying around the room And keep everything running on time is a lot harder than it looks.
Nevertheless, it can't be beyond the organisers to draft in someone with all those talents, plus a requisite intangible but unmistakable quality... a music sensibility that implies this person is likely to have more than Robbie Williams on his or her iPod, and is not just having the names, facts and figures thrown into the engine round the back and pushed down the »
- The Huffington Post UK
Similar News ItemsRussell Brand
- Feud Alert: Simon Cowell Blasts Russell Brand's Call for Revolution (From E! Online. 5 December 2013, 11:48 AM, PST)
- Russell Brand v the Sun: war of words hots up (From The Guardian - TV News. 3 December 2013, 7:17 AM, PST)
- Charlie Brooker: 'Comedians are the worst people to run anything' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 29 November 2013, 8:05 AM, PST)
- One Direction Stuns On ‘Saturday Night Live’ — Watch (From HollywoodLife. 8 December 2013, 6:29 AM, PST)
- Kendall Jenner and Harry Styles flanked by fans while exiting NYC hotel (From RealBollywood. 8 December 2013, 3:01 AM, PST)
- Kendall Jenner and Harry Styles caught doing the walk of shame (From Pop2it. 7 December 2013, 5:06 PM, PST)
James Corden (I)
- Sheridan Smith, Pippa Harris among Wftv honorees (From ScreenDaily. 6 December 2013, 4:01 AM, PST)
- Great British Bake Off's Mel and Sue up for comedy award (From The Guardian - TV News. 3 December 2013, 4:05 PM, PST)
- British comedy awards 2013: Fresh Meat, Peep Show, Getting On dominate nominations (From The Guardian - TV News. 3 December 2013, 3:03 AM, PST)