Alex Karpovsky is a busy, busy guy. He's best known for his role as Ray, the coffee-slinging man-child entangled with the naive Shoshanna on HBO's "Girls," but when he's not wearing his characters Cafe Grumpy apron, you might find Karpovsky in an editing bay, behind a camera, holed up writing, or starring in one of his own films.
Though two of these features, "Rubberneck" and "Red Flag," are both out on VOD and in limited release Friday, their openings and top billing (Karpovsky is writer, director and star of both) are about all they have in common. "Rubberneck" follows meek research scientist Paul (Karpovsky), whose infatuation with a co-worker escalates to dangerous levels, while in "Red Flag," Karpovsky plays himself as a filmmaker struggling with life and love on the road.
Karpovsky sat down in New York to chat with NextMovie ahead of the films' release to talk "Girls," keeping busy, »
- Kase Wickman
Similar News ItemsWoody Allen
- Water and Sugar: Carlo Di Palma, The Colours of Life review – flat take on a vibrant career (From The Guardian - Film News. 23 July 2017, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- France’s Le Pacte Co-Produces Rodrigo Sorogoyen’s ‘El Reino’ (From Variety - Film News. 22 July 2017, 9:50 AM, PDT)
- Steven Soderbergh has shot a film with Juno Temple and Claire Foy on an iPhone (From Flickeringmyth. 19 July 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Bob's Burgers Stars Reenact Infamous Lady Gaga Run-In — Nsfw Video (From TVLine.com. 22 July 2017, 7:43 PM, PDT)
- Quote of the Day: Jenny Slate Doesn’t Want to Be “Known as the Woman Dating So-and-So” (From Women and Hollywood. 21 July 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Why ‘Master of None’ Leads New Music Supervisor Emmy Race (From Indiewire. 21 July 2017, 10:48 AM, PDT)
Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
- New trailer for Will Smith’s Netflix thriller ‘Bright’ (From Blogomatic3000. 21 July 2017, 7:15 AM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2017: New Trailer for David Ayer’s Fantasy Thriller Bright, Starring Will Smith (From DailyDead. 20 July 2017, 8:19 PM, PDT)
- Contest: Chicago, see John Boyega in Kathryn Bigelow’s Detroit early and for free (From The AV Club. 20 July 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)