The Brit Awards aired to its highest audience in seven years last night, early viewing figures show.
Some 6.29 million (26.9%) watched the two-hour ceremony between 8pm and 10.10pm and 226,000 on ITV +1 as the ceremony picked up its best figure since 2005 when 6.6m tuned in.
This year's event is almost 400,000 higher than last year's controversial show which saw Adele's 'Best Album' speech cut short.
Hairy Bikers Everyday Gourmet was BBC Two's highest-rated broadcast with 1.88m (8%) in the 8pm hour.
Over on BBC One, Holiday »
Similar News ItemsRicky Gervais
- The Office to be adapted for Czech TV (From Digital Spy - TV news. 20 December 2013, 8:12 AM, PST)
- Czech Television to Produce Local Version of ‘The Office’ (From Variety - TV News. 20 December 2013, 1:36 AM, PST)
- Ricky Gervais returns for Night at the Museum 3 (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 19 December 2013, 8:12 AM, PST)
Channel 4 [gb]
- The best TV of 2013: Phil Hogan's choice (From The Guardian - TV News. 21 December 2013, 4:06 PM, PST)
- ITV charity fundraiser Text Santa leads Friday night ratings (From Digital Spy - TV news. 21 December 2013, 4:11 AM, PST)
- Viral Video Chart: Kevin Spacey, Lady Gaga and Nigella Lawson (From The Guardian - Film News. 20 December 2013, 10:54 AM, PST)
Lana Del Rey (I)
- The 2013 Truffles – The HeyUGuys Movie Awards (From HeyUGuys. 20 December 2013, 6:40 AM, PST)
- Did Lana Del Rey's Oscar Chances Take a Hit? Prankster Targets "Young and Beautiful" (From E! Online. 19 December 2013, 3:39 PM, PST)
- Lana Del Rey Oscar chances being sabotaged? (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 19 December 2013, 5:40 AM, PST)