The ITV Network is to increase regional news and create a separate Wales licence under proposals put forward for the renewal of its licences.
Ofcom is currently consulting on proposed changes to ITV Network licences, including dedicated news broadcasts for more English regions; more news and current affairs in the Scottish borders region; the reduction of Utv's non-news obligation; and the creation of a Channel 3 licence for Wales.
ITV provides the Channel 3 network in the UK, covering services in England, Wales and parts of Scotland, along with the Stv licence in central and northern Scotland and Utv licence in Northern Ireland. The Channel 5 licence covers all of the UK.
Channel 3 and 5 licences expire at the end of 2014. Culture secretary Maria Miller said last November »
Similar News Items"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- Cancelled or Renewed? Status of PBS TV Shows (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 January 2017, 8:36 AM, PST)
- ‘Lost in London’ Review: Woody Harrelson’s Audacious Live Movie Experiment Drops More Names Than Jokes (From Indiewire. 20 January 2017, 2:30 PM, PST)
- Remote Controlled: Dan Stevens on ‘Legion’ Weirdness, ‘Bachelor’ Nick Viall Pleads Patience for Corinne (From Variety - TV News. 20 January 2017, 1:35 PM, PST)
"Coronation Street" (1960)
- Friday’s best TV: Tina & Bobby; Sound of Musicals with Neil Brand; Delicious (From The Guardian - TV News. 19 January 2017, 10:10 PM, PST)
- The month in soaps: EastEnders' wedding wrecker (From The Guardian - TV News. 18 January 2017, 1:00 AM, PST)
- Help Batman Fight the Worst Villains in the Universe in The Lego Batman Movie Game App (From LRM Online. 14 January 2017, 5:10 PM, PST)