The ITV Network is to increase regional news and create a separate Wales licence under proposals put forward for the renewal of its licences.
Ofcom is currently consulting on proposed changes to ITV Network licences, including dedicated news broadcasts for more English regions; more news and current affairs in the Scottish borders region; the reduction of Utv's non-news obligation; and the creation of a Channel 3 licence for Wales.
ITV provides the Channel 3 network in the UK, covering services in England, Wales and parts of Scotland, along with the Stv licence in central and northern Scotland and Utv licence in Northern Ireland. The Channel 5 licence covers all of the UK.
Channel 3 and 5 licences expire at the end of 2014. Culture secretary Maria Miller said last November »
Similar News Items"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- Alan Arkin joins Tim Burton’s live-action Dumbo (From Flickeringmyth. 20 August 2017, 1:40 AM, PDT)
- "Liar" - Conceal, Deceive, Betray, Control (From SneakPeek. 18 August 2017, 12:48 PM, PDT)
- ITV Plans Build Mini-Theme Park In London (From Deadline TV. 18 August 2017, 8:13 AM, PDT)
"Coronation Street" (1960)
- Vaping on Screen: A Growing Trend? (From Blogomatic3000. 16 August 2017, 1:01 AM, PDT)
- Critics Reveal the TV Character They First Identified With — IndieWire Survey (From Indiewire. 15 August 2017, 9:32 AM, PDT)
- Critics Reveal the TV Character They First Identified With — IndieWire Survey (From Indiewire Television. 15 August 2017, 9:32 AM, PDT)