The ITV Network is to increase regional news and create a separate Wales licence under proposals put forward for the renewal of its licences.
Ofcom is currently consulting on proposed changes to ITV Network licences, including dedicated news broadcasts for more English regions; more news and current affairs in the Scottish borders region; the reduction of Utv's non-news obligation; and the creation of a Channel 3 licence for Wales.
ITV provides the Channel 3 network in the UK, covering services in England, Wales and parts of Scotland, along with the Stv licence in central and northern Scotland and Utv licence in Northern Ireland. The Channel 5 licence covers all of the UK.
Channel 3 and 5 licences expire at the end of 2014. Culture secretary Maria Miller said last November »
Similar News Items"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- Next Big Thing: 'Cinderella' Star Lily James (Video) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 26 February 2015, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Will Forte Acts Out His Own Fantasies on Fox’s ‘The Last Man on Earth’ (From Variety - TV News. 25 February 2015, 11:18 AM, PST)
- The Good Wife EPs Preview Kalinda's Chance of Dying, Talk Possible Reunion With Alicia and More (From TVLine.com. 25 February 2015, 9:00 AM, PST)
"Coronation Street" (1960)
- ITV CEO Adam Crozier Tapped for Variety’s Achievement in Int’l TV Award (From Variety - TV News. 25 February 2015, 9:01 AM, PST)
- Kate Ford 'confident' stripping off on Corrie (From Virgin Media - TV. 24 February 2015, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Melanie Hill to join Coronation Street (From Virgin Media - TV. 23 February 2015, 8:15 AM, PST)