Since adapting his short, 9, into a feature length film, Shane Acker has mostly kept things on the quiet working as a previsualization supervisor/artist for The Third Floor. Well he’s now attached to helm a project once again with an adaptation of the comic book Beasts Of Burden. In the book, a gang of 5 dogs and 1 cat, join together to fight supernatural forces in the town of Burden. Andrew Adamson, the director of Shrek and Chronicles Of Narnia, is set to produce.
I really liked 9, especially its incredibly dark tone and original visuals. Hopefully Acker will capture the darkness ofthe comics as well as creating a sense of real camaraderie between the animals. Darren Lemke is writing the script based on material by Evan Dorkin and Jill Thompson.
Source: The Wrap
- Luke Ryan Baldock
Similar News ItemsShrek (2001)
- Dreamworks Teaches President Obama All About Motion Capture (Video) (From Moviefone. 30 November 2013, 4:00 AM, PST)
- What to Watch: Your Guide to 25 Thanksgiving Marathons and Specials, and Much More (From TVLine.com. 27 November 2013, 6:15 PM, PST)
- Obama Talks Gun Violence at DreamWorks Animation (Updated) (From Variety - Film News. 26 November 2013, 1:51 PM, PST)
- Thg Sequel to Become the This Year's Biggest Success at the Us/Canada Box Office? (From Alt Film Guide. 1 December 2013, 9:59 PM, PST)
- Oz cinemagoers crave light fare (From IF.com.au. 10 November 2013, 8:02 PM, PST)
- Fourth 'Chronicles of Narnia' movie moving forward (From Hitfix. 1 October 2013, 11:08 AM, PDT)
- UCLA Film Fest Honors Affleck, Di Bonaventura (From Variety - Film News. 28 May 2013, 5:15 PM, PDT)
- 9 Director Shane Acker Goes Animated Again with Beasts of Burden (From Best-Horror-Movies.com. 21 February 2013, 2:56 PM, PST)
- Uni Boss Talks 'Bourne 5' and 'Swath 2', Rogen and Wiig are 'Arrested' and Everything Wrong with 'Inception' (From Rope Of Silicon. 21 February 2013, 7:12 AM, PST)