Once a new trilogy of "Star Wars" movies were announced, the big question is who the main characters would be. Would a new "Star Wars" continue where the story left off in "Return of the Jedi?" Thanks to Mark Hamill's new interview with "Entertainment Tonight," that's a little more clear.
"They're talking to us," the man who starred as Luke Skywalker says, "George [Lucas] wanted to know whether we were interested." Hamill also confirms that, should he, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford decide against returning, they were reassured they would not be recast. "They would write us out," Hamill reveals.
Hamill says no contracts have been signed yet, but Michael Arndt, the next film's writer, and Kathleen Kennedy, the new head of Lucasfilm at Disney, want to meet with him regarding a possible return. Hamill admits he has no idea what the new trilogy will be about, however he has ideas. »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Sons of Anarchy's Jimmy Smits on Nero's Decision and Hooking Up With the Boss's Wife (From Vulture. 21 October 2014, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Arrow, Grey's, Supe, NCIS, Once, Grimm, Mindy, Brooklyn, Hawaii Five-0 and More (From TVLine.com. 21 October 2014, 4:13 PM, PDT)
- Poll: How Do You Feel About Ezra Miller Playing The Big Screen Version Of The Flash (From ComicBookMovie. 21 October 2014, 4:05 PM, PDT)
Harrison Ford (I)
- Showtime Revs Up Nonfiction With Docs on Bob Dylan, Kobe Bryant, Marlon Brando (From Variety - TV News. 21 October 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Star Wars 7' Concept Art Reveals New Characters and Vehicles (From MovieWeb. 21 October 2014, 9:38 AM, PDT)
- Indie Spotlight: Found Footage 3D, Fetish Factory, Mania (From DailyDead. 19 October 2014, 12:30 PM, PDT)
"Entertainment Tonight" (1981)
- Kim Kardashian At 13 In 1994 Home Video: Remember Me As Young And Beautiful When I’m Famous! — Watch! (From GossipCop. 21 October 2014, 7:31 PM, PDT)
- CBS TV Stations to Launch Time Capsule Project Featuring ‘Star Trek,’ ‘Happy Days’ (From The Wrap. 21 October 2014, 9:39 AM, PDT)
- CBS to Launch Retro Digital Channel Focused on Pop Culture, History (From Variety - TV News. 21 October 2014, 8:23 AM, PDT)