Sky is to launch a brand new, dedicated satellite television channel that will become the pay-tv home of Disney Studios movies in the UK and Ireland.
Sky Movies Disney will go live on the Sky platform in late March. It is part of a wide-ranging partnership deal between Sky and Disney, that follows similar collaboration agreements between the part-Rupert Murdoch media giant and Warner Brothers, Universal Pictures and Sony.
Sky Movies Disney marks the first time that The Walt Disney Channel has been involved in a co-branded linear movies channel anywhere in the world.
The channel's launch is also the latest initiative in Sky's strategy of dedicating entire channels to a certain genre or brand, following the debut of Formula One network Sky Sports F1, and Bond films channel Sky Movies 007 last year.
New Disney movies will be available on Sky Movies Disney around six months after they have ended their cinema run, »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Preview of Marvel’s Star Wars: Lando #1 (From Flickeringmyth. 3 July 2015, 9:20 AM, PDT)
- New Pride And Prejudice And Zombies Images Prepare for Proper Slaying (From Collider.com. 3 July 2015, 9:20 AM, PDT)
- Star Wars: Shattered Empire Will Aim To Bridge The Gap Between Jedi And The Force Awakens In December (From We Got This Covered. 3 July 2015, 7:56 AM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- Jackson Returns! Two-Time Oscar Winner and Former Labour MP to Star in Zola Adaptation (From Alt Film Guide. 2 July 2015, 4:06 PM, PDT)
- Amy Schumer Explains How Her Father's Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis Has Affected Her Romantic Relationships (From E! Online. 2 July 2015, 10:55 AM, PDT)
- 10 Perfect Movies For The Summer (From Obsessed with Film. 2 July 2015, 7:07 AM, PDT)
Iron Man 3 (2013)
- Jurassic World: Ty Simpkins Talks Landing His Role, the Gyrosphere, and More (From Collider.com. 3 July 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Visual Effects Companies Cinesite, Image Engine Merge (From Variety - Film News. 2 July 2015, 11:16 PM, PDT)
- Whatever Happened to Marvel One-Shots? (From Collider.com. 1 July 2015, 8:46 AM, PDT)