Andrés Muschietti’s Mama may yet to have opened here in the UK (it hits this Friday, our review Here), but the film’s huge stateside success has Universal Pictures pondering a return for the supernatural guardian. The films’ producer, Guillermo del Toro, spotted Muschietti’s own, terrifying 3-minute short and tapped the filmmaker to make it full-length. Since it’s release in January, Mama, has went on to gross almost $90 million on a budget of around $15 million.
Unsurprisingly, Universal are now looking at pimping Mama out in a follow-up, although the studio’s international president, David Kosse, states:
We think there’s potential for a Mama franchise. We’d like to do another one. But those conversations are in the early stages.
- Craig Hunter
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- The Televerse #138- Steve Prokopy’s Horror Picks 4- Riget (From SoundOnSight. 22 April 2014, 10:21 PM, PDT)
- HBO Reveals New ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode Summaries (From Screen Rant. 22 April 2014, 8:02 PM, PDT)
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, Kate Upton, and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Talk The Other Woman, Their Chemistry on Set, the Rating, and More (From Collider.com. 22 April 2014, 7:43 PM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- 'Foxcatcher' with Steve Carell and Channing Tatum Gets November Release (From MovieWeb. 22 April 2014, 1:39 PM, PDT)
- End of an Era: Only Woman Studio Distribution Chief Nikki Rocco To Step Down (From Thompson on Hollywood. 22 April 2014, 12:50 PM, PDT)
- Foxcatcher Set for November 14th Release; Tina Fey/Amy Poehler Comedy The Nest Faces Star Wars on December 18, 2015 (From Collider.com. 22 April 2014, 12:35 PM, PDT)
Guillermo del Toro
- Jessica Chastain Will Play Marilyn Monroe in 'Blonde' (From MovieWeb. 22 April 2014, 4:58 PM, PDT)
- Why U.S. Audiences Are More Comfortable With Subtitles Than Ever (From Variety - Film News. 22 April 2014, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- Cool Stuff: Sideshow Collectibles’ ‘Pacific Rim’ Knifehead Statue (From Slash Film. 22 April 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)