Andrés Muschietti’s Mama may yet to have opened here in the UK (it hits this Friday, our review Here), but the film’s huge stateside success has Universal Pictures pondering a return for the supernatural guardian. The films’ producer, Guillermo del Toro, spotted Muschietti’s own, terrifying 3-minute short and tapped the filmmaker to make it full-length. Since it’s release in January, Mama, has went on to gross almost $90 million on a budget of around $15 million.
Unsurprisingly, Universal are now looking at pimping Mama out in a follow-up, although the studio’s international president, David Kosse, states:
We think there’s potential for a Mama franchise. We’d like to do another one. But those conversations are in the early stages.
- Craig Hunter
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- "Game Of Thrones: Season Five" Set Images (From SneakPeek. 2 October 2014, 6:33 AM, PDT)
- "Game Of Thrones: Natalie Dormer Covers "GQ" (From SneakPeek. 2 October 2014, 6:32 AM, PDT)
- New trailer for Ridley Scott’s Exodus: Gods and Kings (From Flickeringmyth. 2 October 2014, 5:13 AM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- New trailer for Stephen Hawking biopic The Theory of Everything (From Flickeringmyth. 1 October 2014, 11:18 PM, PDT)
- 9 Kristen Wiig Characters to Channel For Halloween (From BuzzSugar. 1 October 2014, 5:25 PM, PDT)
- 'Dracula Untold' Will Tie Into Universal Monsters Reboot Series (From MovieWeb. 1 October 2014, 4:05 PM, PDT)
Guillermo del Toro
- "The Strain: The Master" - Season Finale (From SneakPeek. 2 October 2014, 3:45 AM, PDT)
- Is The Simpsons relying too heavily on gimmicks? (From Den of Geek. 2 October 2014, 12:07 AM, PDT)
- 'The Book Of Life' Exclusive Featurette - Heart of A Hero (From LatinoReview. 1 October 2014, 9:02 AM, PDT)