The pilot, based on a late-'90s British series of the same name, is about a detective who has a disorder that causes hallucinations and unusually vivid dreams, as well as intermittent vision loss. Clive Owen played the part in the original.
In the CBS version, written by Michael Cuesta ("Homeland") and his brother Gerald, Lee's character is a detective in New Orleans. His doctor assures him his condition won't lead to blindness, and his hallucinations are a "gift" from his subconscious.
In other words, he'll "see" things he didn't really see to help him solve his cases.
Similar News Items"Homeland" (2011)
- ‘Homeland’ Recap: Love Is a Hurtin’ Thing in ‘The Litvinov Ruse’ (From Variety - TV News. 29 November 2015, 7:05 PM, PST)
- Did Homeland Just Kill Off [Spoiler]?! (From TVLine.com. 29 November 2015, 6:54 PM, PST)
- Idris Elba says James Bond “could be any colour”, dismisses rumours (From Flickeringmyth. 29 November 2015, 3:27 AM, PST)
Clive Owen (I)
- The Knick, Ep. 2.07, “Williams and Walker” (From SoundOnSight. 28 November 2015, 3:13 PM, PST)
- The Knick, Ep. 2.06 “There Are Rules” (From SoundOnSight. 21 November 2015, 2:19 PM, PST)
- The Good, The Bad & The Badass: Woody Harrelson (From JoBlo. 15 November 2015, 7:09 PM, PST)
"My Name Is Earl" (2005)
- Have you been watching The Last Man on Earth? (From The Guardian - TV News. 4 September 2015, 7:34 AM, PDT)
- Bloodline Season 2: John Leguizamo Nabs 'Violent' Series-Regular Role (From TVLine.com. 20 August 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Emmys mystery: Can 'Last Man on Earth' win writing and directing awards without Best Comedy Series bid? (From Gold Derby. 4 August 2015, 5:31 AM, PDT)